[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH: ATs Flushdraw vs 2 villians | A9 trips with hard flop and calling station

• GandalfPK
      i had to call on the river? i really think i was beaten and i didnt want to put more money in that pot cause any 8, 5, Q or PP higher than 5 had me beat, but i was committed.

maybe i didnt had to play so aggresively this fd with a paired flop??

Known players:   

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,05, BU folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BB calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,92) 5:diamond: , 8:diamond: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, BB calls $0,70, CO calls $0,70.

Turn: ($3,02) Q:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BB calls $2,00, CO calls $0,98 (All-In).

River: ($8,00) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2,00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows dos pares, ochos y cincos (6s 7s)
      CO shows full house, ochos sobre damas (Qd 8c)

CO wins with full house, ochos sobre damas (Qd 8c)

can i scape that river? maybe i had to bet/fold in that spot? i think that the push was wrong because he was calling down all the hand so the flush was too obvious

or i can go broke in that spot because he was chasing with the incorrect odds?

Known players:    

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, BU calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,30, BB folds, BU calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,65) A:heart: , A:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, BU calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,45) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, BU calls $1,00.

River: ($3,45) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,30 (All-In), BU calls $3,30.

Final Pot: $10,05
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Hand 1
      Pre-flop: ok
      Flop: Bet slightly smaller imo. ~$0.60 should have the exact same effect. You don't have a made hand, you're drawing.
      Turn: check/fold. Unless you're getting the correct odds to call & draw for your flush.
      River: obvious fold.

Hand 2
      Pre-flop: I'd open with my UTG range from SB... you're out of position for the rest of the hand so A9o isn't a brilliant hand here.
      Flop: Bet more, there's a flush draw on the board and you wanna get your money in asap anyway. Just bet 50-55c on the flop.
      Turn: Pot bet. There's now 2 flush draws on the board
      River: Yeah I dunno... which so much money behind I guess it would possible to still lay this down if you have a good read on villain having that flush. If you bet more on the flop & on the turn the pot will be so huge that you can easily just shove the river without having to worry about anything. If he has a flush then, too bad you played the hand wel... but now, tough spot. I'd probably go broke as well but I wouldn't be very happy.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Please try and post only 1 hand per thread unless they are related, it's easier for everyone to discuss.

I'd bet smaller on the flop again like 2/3pot.

When you get called in two spots i think you can't really expect to have any fold equity on the turn, especially against CO who's already committed to the pot, so i think going into passive check/call mode if you have odds to draw is the best line.

As played on the river it would be close heads-up given the odds you're getting, but with CO already all-in i think you'd better save yourself the money, you will rarely be good against 2 players.

Again make sure you're not leaking a lot of money from the blinds by opening such hands out of position. If it works for you it's fine, but most people would just fold that.

On that flop you're basically gonna get called by two groups of hand : Ax and flushdraws, with the occasional random pocket that won't give up. Since you don't have reason to believe yet that he has a better Ax, betting stronger to both get value from worse Ax and protect from flushdraws seem appropriate.

On the turn not much has changed, except that A5 beats you now, so with the same reasoning you should bet bigger again. You can't really worry about the diamond draw, he rarely has it.

The river is obviously not what you wanted, and given you only have a potsize bet left it's a tricky spot. You basically have to weight your options based on his aggression :

- if you check, will he bet and what hands will he bet with?

- if you bet, will he raise and what hands will he raise with?

If you think he might bet (but won't raise a bet) with worse hands when you check, you're better off blockbet/folding to avoid him pushing you off with a worse hand. Make it really small tho.
      If you think he will only bet a flush than check/folding is fine.
      Whatever you do, do not check/call unless he makes it unbelievably small, if you're gonna call you're better off betting yourself.

Hope it helps.