This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH: KJs tp good kicker on the turn | QJo top pair with reraise turn

• GandalfPK
      GandalfPK
      Bronze
      what can i do here? i hit mi top pair with decent kicker on the turn after the cbet and i get reraised so i call with position
      on the river i think i was commited so i had to call, i was getting 3:1 odds and he could do that movemente with the K with worst kicker than me

Known players:   
      BB:
      $5,01
      Hero:
      $5,54

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,42) T:heart: , 3:diamond: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,30, BB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,02) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,70, BB raises to $1,85, Hero calls $1,15.

River: ($4,72) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2,66 (All-In), Hero calls $2,66.

Final Pot: $10,04

here i raise the limper in the BU and get called by the BB, so im out of position

on the flop i had TP good kicker so i cbet, on the turn i keep betting cause he could be chasing his fd and i get minireraised, so i call in order to call river cause i am commited now, bad played??

Known players:   
      Hero:
      $5,07
      BB:
      $7,92
      MP3:
      $8,90

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BB calls $0,25, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0,65) Q:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, BB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,45) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, BB raises to $2,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($5,45) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2,45, Hero calls $2,37 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,19
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Hand 1
      Nice hand imo. I'd probably play that hand the same way.

Hand 2
      Pre-flop: Same thing as I said in one of your other posts, tighten up your SB range. If you get called you're always OOP post-flop and QJ simply isn't a brilliant hand.
      You're SB range should edge towards your UTG/MP range not your CO/BU range.

Flop: Standard c-bet... but bet bigger. You say you want to protect against flush draws so bet at least 50c into that 65c pot.

Turn: Bet/fold imo. I think you're often gonna see a set or KQ there tbh. I wouldn't be happy calling there at least cause I know I'd be commited on the river for the rest of my stack wich just sucks with just TPGK.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please try and post only 1 hand per thread unless they are related, it's easier for everyone to discuss.

Your main decision in obviously on the turn : if you call the turn you can't fold the river. I think his line looks really strong and i doubt he does that with a worse Kx very often, he did call a strong bet on the flop. He might have something like Kdxd but those reasonable hands all beat you already except Kd9d, which still has 12 outs against you. I think you're better off laying it down without a read on how loose he is (how many Kx does it call both preflop and flop with).

Let's not discuss your SB raising range again.

On the turn when you get minraised you're usually not good with top pair, barring a read on the guy. Especially out of position it's better to just muck it against a committing raise.

Hope it helps.