This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AJs Suspected bluff on river

• MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.73
      Hero:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $18.16
      BU:
      $10.03

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , A:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, MP2 calls $0.50, BU folds, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.90) K:heart: , 2:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($4.90) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP2 calls $3.00.

River: ($10.90) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $12.20, Hero calls $4.90 (All-In).

Final Pot: $28.00

Preflop was miscalcualted, one players bet was partially hidden by stats. Should have bet 0.80 here I think.

Flop was an instant call, I second barrelled the turn thinking it is most likely a flush draw and smaller pocket pairs may fold, took a long time to call here.

I checked the river, and the bet comes after about 8 seconds. After watching this player I don't think he is betting anything but a busted flush or a 2 (unlikely) here, and checking down anything else with showdown value. I eventually made the call with AJ high.

Would like to hear some thoughts on this situation.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you put him on flushdraw, isn´t c/rai on the turn would be better him to fold his hand :)
      I think he´d also shove turn with Kx, so you can also fodl there, but since draw missed and you have A high, then call is ok.
      You could also shove hoping that he folds Tx (7x) if he had that flushdraw.
      But in general I´d just give up if he called my flop bet.
      He is passive enough that he likely holds there Kx, than draw.