Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.39
      Hero:
      $2.41

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.26, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.55) 2:heart: , Q:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.36, MP1 calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.27) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

I think its ok to check on the turn (playing by bet flop, check turn, call river) so then my opponent doest't think that I have a monster and I can get more money on the river. But I don't like seing an ace on the river and I should call a bet anyway because opponent may still have pair of queens. If there is no ace on river I can easily go allin imo.
      On the other hand we mostly check the turn when we don't want big pot, but there we actually want a big pot, so maybe checking turn is bad.
  • 2 replies
    • radk1
      radk1
      Bronze
      The pre-flop call looks like Ax/medium pp. The texture of the flop looks safe so I would bet for value on the turn and river, especially at this limit.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think checking the turn at nl2 is bad. Villains will call 3 streets with Qx, some will call flop and turn with random pocket pairs too. Until you get to a limit where most of the villains have at least a clue of what's going on (and even then you'd need a damn good reason to check behind the turn), i suggest you just bet for value all the way.

On Q223 you can probably call a shove at any point, it's very unlikely villain has 2x on the flop and 33 on the turn. It's much more likely that he's just overplaying top pair, which is probably the biggest money maker for you at microstakes.

Hope it helps.