Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,96
      BU:
      $7,46

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,16, CO folds, BU calls $0,16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,38) K:spade: , 9:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,37, BU calls $0,37.

Turn: ($1,12) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,07, BU calls $1,07.

River: ($3,26) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $3,26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ah)
      BU shows a pair of fives (5c 5s)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ad Ah)

is my check on the river good ? i was fearing the flush.
  • 2 replies
    • CrippleAlex
      CrippleAlex
      Bronze
      I don't think that a player would call you for the flush draw from flop to the river with psb ... I think that you could shove river to extract max value against KX, which must be his hand more often.

Sometimes I like to check/raise turn also. Because a K will bet most of the time, a flush may bet too and vilain may bluff, so you have a good value to do by CheckRaising oop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I ... disagree with everything you said CrippleAlex, sorry. lol.

Up to that moment villain fits the loose passive profile, meaning i wouldn't try and check/raise the turn against him, he won't bet often enough.

That player's range is wider than just flushdraws (he will have no problem chasing his draws even if you throw potsize bets at him, don't make that mistake he doesn't care about the odds) and he will always call with Kx and might not even fold 9x, a bet is mandatory.

Overbet shoving is probably pushing it without better reads, even the worst fishes get somewhat scared when you pull that move on a scarecard. Bet around 2$ and fold to a shove, no matter the odds you get, that guy will probably never shove worse than AA in that spot.

Hope it helps.