$23.94
      BB:
      $30.72
      MP1:
      $11.59
      MP2(Hero):
      $4.30

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, J.
      MP1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, MP1 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.35) 9, Q, 8 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero raises to $2.80(All-In), MP1 calls $2.80.

Turn: ($8.95) Q (2 players)

River: ($8.95) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.95.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, queens(A J).
      MP1 shows a full-house, queens full of threes(3 3).

MP1 wins with a full-house, queens full of threes(3 3).
  • 5 replies
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hi Shortfuse!

What are the stats of MP1 ? I think he must be fishy or you have a good note on him and you are isolating him? I like it, i do this as well against bad players with hands on the starting hands chart.

I would have raised to 1dollar preflop.

on the flop i would not have bet. When i isolate bad players I only continue with the hand on the flop if i actually hit SOMETHING doesnt even have to be top pair!

This is because those bad people we isolate have such a large range they could easily have hit something.

unless you have a good amount of hands on him and his fold to c-bet is high then of course do a cbet :)

nice isolation !
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      Hi Shortfuse!

What are the stats of MP1 ? I think he must be fishy or you have a good note on him and you are isolating him? I like it, i do this as well against bad players with hands on the starting hands chart.

I would have raised to 1dollar preflop.

on the flop i would not have bet. When i isolate bad players I only continue with the hand on the flop if i actually hit SOMETHING doesnt even have to be top pair!

This is because those bad people we isolate have such a large range they could easily have hit something.

unless you have a good amount of hands on him and his fold to c-bet is high then of course do a cbet :)

nice isolation !
      hi wowadvisor nice platinum!

i tried to play with elephant, but i can't see the stats because once i tile all the tables the figures are too hard to read! i also find the elephant also integrates the past hand onto the table (not sure if you know what i mean) but i find that annoying and admittedly have not been playing with stats:

1) at my limits, it's abc poker
      2) playing 9 (4 SSS and 5 BSS, then close each SSS once i double and swap for BSS) tables at a time and keeping track all these details can be hard (even though as much as half the same players are on all my 9 tables!)
      3) the hand sample range would have to be large for me to trust it, i only play 1 hour sessions thats around 50-60 hands so it can be detrimental if i rely too much on it
      4) most importantly, i can't even see it! i'm too comfortable with tiled tables

as for this particular play, i had a thought that he had a small-mid pair because he just flat called me. if he had a monster then he would try to put me all in preflop, as i only have the minimum buyin (playing SSS on this table as you can see) and if he had junk, he would fold.

i was very certain he had not hit the flop, they know that i'm a SSS player (from my buyin and the fact i play to the book)

now because he was first to act, he couldn't bluff as i already represented strength and could well have hit the Q or have an overpair, so that's why i think he checked as well as the obvious reason his hand was weak.

this opportunity rarely presents itself, and i felt the fold equity along with my number of outs would warrant this allin.

i didn't have a note on this particular player as such, but i knew that they knew how i would and should play (if you follow lol) so i went against the rules and decided to seize the opportunity as i had the image of a tight player

i have the idea whilst the strategies on here are brilliant (thank you pokerstrategy, without the $50 i would never have proven a strength to myself because i'm strapped for cash :P ), if everyone were to play by the book then nobody would win in the long run!

ok this post is too long

oh and as for the $1.50 preflop vs $1 i chose to raise it bigger because on these tables raising 4bb +limper is too low i feel it can be hard to isolate and to make sure i did, then i would raise it bigger. especially as i was in early position i would be happy with one or none callers!

you may have perhaps been too praising and complimenting because you believed i used stats, but i think was good move mainly because i was almost certain he had nothing and the fold equity and number of outs was too tasty :s_cool:
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      If you are sure about the call, then overbet rather with high pocket pairs and use a standard size isolation raise with hands like AJ+. You lose less when completely missed the board and probably win as much if you hit.

As played, no other way than shoving flop.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      hi wowadvisor nice platinum!

Originally posted by shortfuse
      i tried to play with elephant, but i can't see the stats because once i tile all the tables the figures are too hard to read!

I play in cascaded mode so tables popup into my view in bigsize when action is required. once i fold or raise or what ever then the next table pops into view, maybe try it see if you like it and helps your stats! :s_grin:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey shortfuse,

if you have a read that this opponent is fishy then nice hand, although I would prefer to isolate to 1.25$ here. On the flop the shove is standard.

If you however don't have any particular reads nor stats and you only had a feeling of this player's looseness then I recommend to stick to basic SHC and not to deviate from it. Mistakes can be expensive.

Regards,
      burek2000