This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr Aj

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.82
      Hero:
      $2.68

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.29) 6:diamond: , A:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.29, Hero raises to $1.16, BB calls $0.87.

Turn: ($2.61) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.38 (All-In), BB calls $1.38.

According to the articles when the opponent has preflop initiative, if he calls a raise on the flop and checks the turn I should also check because I will push weaker hands out and pay better hands off. But if there is flushdraw - what about hand protection? Of course it is less likely that he has a draw because he is agressive (or he has very strong draw).
      If I check the turn and the river is blank and the opponent goes allin - should I call?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Flop: Just call... don't raise. You got re-raised pre-flop. You could so easily be dominated here by AK & AQ... I'm just calling him down in this situation. I have no desire to blow up the pot if it's not needed.

Turn: As played you should push all-in here indeed.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

These are situations were you are either way ahead (he has a worse Ax or a pocket pair with almost no outs) or way behind (he has a better Ax and you are the one drawing almost dead). You usually want to adopt a pot control line in these spots and check/call him down. You can't really fold because it's so unlikely that he has the last Ax or a 6, but you wouldn't mind taking a cheap showdown either. You can forget about the flushdraw, it's unlikely he has it given that the As is on board, protection isn't a priority in this spot.

Your play isn't bad either, but it would probably require a better read on his min3betting range. Some player will min3bet QQ+ or worse Ax and won't be able to let go of QQ-KK even on an A-high flop, in which case you can indeed raise it up and get it in. I don't recommend it without that read tho.

Hope it helps.