Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.82
      Hero:
      $2.68

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.29) 6:diamond: , A:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.29, Hero raises to $1.16, BB calls $0.87.

Turn: ($2.61) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.38 (All-In), BB calls $1.38.

According to the articles when the opponent has preflop initiative, if he calls a raise on the flop and checks the turn I should also check because I will push weaker hands out and pay better hands off. But if there is flushdraw - what about hand protection? Of course it is less likely that he has a draw because he is agressive (or he has very strong draw).
      If I check the turn and the river is blank and the opponent goes allin - should I call?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Flop: Just call... don't raise. You got re-raised pre-flop. You could so easily be dominated here by AK & AQ... I'm just calling him down in this situation. I have no desire to blow up the pot if it's not needed.

Turn: As played you should push all-in here indeed.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

These are situations were you are either way ahead (he has a worse Ax or a pocket pair with almost no outs) or way behind (he has a better Ax and you are the one drawing almost dead). You usually want to adopt a pot control line in these spots and check/call him down. You can't really fold because it's so unlikely that he has the last Ax or a 6, but you wouldn't mind taking a cheap showdown either. You can forget about the flushdraw, it's unlikely he has it given that the As is on board, protection isn't a priority in this spot.

Your play isn't bad either, but it would probably require a better read on his min3betting range. Some player will min3bet QQ+ or worse Ax and won't be able to let go of QQ-KK even on an A-high flop, in which case you can indeed raise it up and get it in. I don't recommend it without that read tho.

Hope it helps.