UTG ($13.70)
      UTG+1 ($12.10)
      UTG+2 ($9.60)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($10.60)
      CO ($14.60)
      Hero ($10.10)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, fold,

FLOP ($1.45) K:heart: 9:spade: 5:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, UTG+1 calls $1.20,

TURN ($4.65) K:heart: 9:spade: 5:diamond: 8:spade:

check, check,

RIVER ($4.65) K:heart: 9:spade: 5:diamond: 8:spade: A:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60,

He was donking in to me in 2 previous hands too, I guess he hates me :f_cry: I decided this could be a good flop for raise even against this villain. Not sure about turn.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      81/20... this guy isn't a fish, it's a damn whale... >.>

Flop: I like your raise here if the player donks into you a lot as you say.
      Turn: The check behind here is fine since you still have your overcard and a flushdraw. And personally I wouldn't bluff too much against these kind of players.
      River: On the river I'd just call and take the showdown cause you never know what these guys are playing :/
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against a 81/20 who donks all the time you're pretty much raising for value with A-high, good for you.

On the turn you don't really know what he has, but you know he probably isn't going to fold it. He probably won't raise you either, so you do what you want. Either you bet (knowing he'll call) to build the pot and be able to fire huge if you hit an A or spade river, or you just check behind and take it from there. I'd probably just fire with it to setup a river shove on good card, as i expect to get called by this guy.

As played you can probably find a value raise on the river, he doesn't have you beat very often and he will certainly call with worse. Since you don't know much about the guy, taking the cheap showdown if you don't feel like raising it up isn't bad either, but it's likely missing value.

Hope it helps.