[NL2-NL10] judge this plz

• shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $3.25
      MP1(Hero):
      $3.96
      MP2:
      $7.01
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $1.96
      BU:
      $3.21
      SB:
      $6.28
      BB:
      $4.88
      UTG1:
      $4.29

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
      MP3 posts deadblind, UTG1 calls $0.04, UTG2 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.31, 3 folds, BU calls $0.31, SB folds, BB calls $0.27, UTG1 calls $0.27, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($1.34) 3, 9, 6 (5 players)
      BB bets $1.28, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $3.65(All-In), BU calls $2.90(All-In), BB calls $2.37.

Turn: ($11.54) Q (4 players)

River: ($11.54) 9 (4 players)

Final Pot: $11.54.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and nines(K K).
      BB shows three of a kind, nines(K 9).
      BU shows a pair of nines(T A).

BB wins with three of a kind, nines(K 9).
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: Why raise it up so big? Normally you make it 6BB's here, which is 24c in this case. Are you only raising more with your strong hands here? Cause if you are and someone start picking up on it, you've got a serious leak...

Flop: Standard all-in

River: You'll only win this hand 47% of the times since the A T has the higher flush draw and an overcard. You're pretty much flipping against that hand... in this case you're taking a bad beat from the 3rd player but that's part of the game...
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Pre-flop: Why raise it up so big? Normally you make it 6BB's here, which is 24c in this case. Are you only raising more with your strong hands here? Cause if you are and someone start picking up on it, you've got a serious leak...

Flop: Standard all-in

River: You'll only win this hand 47% of the times since the A T has the higher flush draw and an overcard. You're pretty much flipping against that hand... in this case you're taking a bad beat from the 3rd player but that's part of the game...
      these games are v loose as you can tell, wheni raise i raise big and it can be hard to isolate people as you can tell.

im on beginners tables on partypoker (only for people in first 45 days i think) hence i adapted by increasing preflop raise values

i was also in early position so wanted more chance to isolate, at this level people don't really pay attention to how big i raise evidently lol
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Your pf raise size is fine. 7BB for 2 limpers + 1 dead blind + 1 extra BB to get more fold equity against these bunch of bad players since we don't want to play with all the three (or even more clowns who will decide to join the party :) )

Flop is an easy go broke with TP + second nutt FD.

So nice hand,well played.