[NL2-NL10] Nl10SH QQ

• gummybeared
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10.09)
      MP ($10.64)
      CO ($8.35)
      Button ($14.88)50/6/1.4 100+hands
      SB ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($15.04)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      1 fold, MP bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.85, 1 fold, Button calls $1.45

Flop: ($4.15) J, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, Button calls $3

Turn: ($10.15) A (2 players)

Are you cbetting this flop? The thing is I can't put these sort of players on a range. It seems so big. Although no hand that call/calls pf. So passive players might have anything I guess.. On the turn is there anything other than c/f? Or would this villain fold to a shove? The A seems to be a great card to try it?

Hero checks, Button bets $3,Hero folds
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Imo this Ace is a good card for a second barrel... but you have to be sure the player on the button will fold often enough cause if he calls you've got a problem on the river, unless you get lucky and hit a T or a Q.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think you can still get called by worse on the flop with Jx or some kind of weird gutshot, and you don't mind taking it down right now either, so c-betting is a viable option, especially out of position.

Going for a passive line out of position is tricky, and requires you being able to assess somewhat precisely what this guy will do with his hands once you check. Without some idea of how he plays postflop, you're just going to play a guessing game.

From here i'd say this guy looks more like the loose passive type, which means you're probably better off c-betting to get a call from Jx+random stuff and take it down if he has absolutely nothing. You can then be confident in check/folding the rest of the way because he will rarely bet with a hand that doesn't beat yours.

As for the turn, i think it's a decent card to bluff at but it's probably the wrong player to do it against. He can easily have Kx, which he won't fold, or even an Ax in that spot if he floated with a gutshot and/or A-high. You will see players calling your shove with Jx too, i've seen calldowns that made no sense. Try and target your 2nd barrels at players who are either weak/tight or good enough hand readers to recognize that they have to fold, and stay away from bluffing loose passive guys.

Hope it helps.