$3.50
      Hero:
      $2.32
      UTG2:
      $1.98
      CO:
      $1.77

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.14, UTG2 folds, CO calls $0.12, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.32) 3:heart: , 4:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.40

I am often in situations like this and I think i am loosing money there. I can't bluff because the opponent is loose + the board is drawy. I think they often bluf me out with hands like AJ, AT, KQ and so on. What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just because check/folding is bad doesn't mean betting into them isn't even worse. If they never fold to a c-bet, you will just be dumping even more money into those guys. The fact that they will bluff you off with worse hands is irrelevant, your hand is only best if you can get to showdown with it, which these guys are going to make impossible most of the time if they are aggressive.

For what it's worth you can probably bet that flop for value against loose passive players, as they will happily call with worse overcards/draws and check it down with you afterward. But loose aggressive ones will just make your life hell out of position by firing pot every time you check to them, so it's usually better to just give it up on the flop, unless you have some kind of read on them. Some of these players will peel every flop because they want to see more cards, but will fold to an ungodly amount of turn c-bets, in which case just firing into them twice and picking up the money will make you rich. You'd better be sure about this before doing it tho, or you will dump even more money into their stacks.

Hope it helps.