This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AK ip 3bet pot

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xc3Hx8TFwM3DzcTExM3DzIjNxMDCwMI%3d

So he raises 3bb from MP2, could be anything, but the interesting part is that he calls my 3bet. So now I have him on AQ+ and any pp.

On the flop I place a standard c-bet, he calls and checks the turn. Now I have him on slowplayed set/overpair or small pp that didn't believe I had it on the flop. I doubt he has a flush draw because I have the ace of hearts, not too worried about the 9 either because there's not really a hand with a 9 that would raise/call3bet pre-flop.

I check behind on the turn, and the river gives me TPTK. He checks again. I now know he doesn't have a set, AA or KK, otherwise he'd bet for value. My guess is that he has either a small pp that didn't improve or TT-QQ that got scared of the K. I bet half pot and hope to get a call, but he check-raises me all-in.

I really didn't know what to make of this, but eventually called for the following reasons: I was committed, his play didn't make any sense with any hand that beats me, and finally a good player in his spot would probably never play this line without strong reads, which he didn't have on me. Still, I took all of my time before making the call, I was still afraid my hand was only second best. Any flaws in my reasoning?
  • 1 reply