Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $15.57
      Hero:
      $9.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , T:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) T:spade: , 7:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7.85) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $5.59, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13.44

I'm not sure what to think of this hand, donk bet followed by min 3bet and shove on turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

This is a weird spot with TPMK against a guy so aggressive.

I like the flop raise of his donkbet, he can probably have anything in that spot and the board is somewhat drawy. However I don't think your hand is strong enough to defend after a 3bet, even tho he could be bluffing. The fact is that he donked into you, you raised him, and he still 3bet you. I think if he is bluffing he just can't help himself and will fire again on later streets, and if he is doing that for value, same thing. Since you can't call him down, i prefer giving it up on the flop even when you get incredible odds, it's just not worth wasting the extra money in such a marginal situation imo.

Another possibility is to forget about the board texture and commit to calling at least 2 barrels from him given his level of aggression, however he seems so aggressive that he probably will fire again on the river with bluffs too, and i don't want to make a call down with a T kicker.

Hope it helps.