Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.84
      BU:
      $16.36

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) K:diamond: , 8:spade: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.53, Hero calls $1.53.

River: ($5.21) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

I think I played this poorly.

I'm thinking I should fire again on turn even though it is likely they have hit,
      there is still a chance they may fold Kx, and I still have 13 outs against them, then check river if I do not improve.
  • 2 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      not getting the right odds on the turn but with implied its close.

i would have bet closer to pot on the flop.. whether that would have made a difference who knows.

i think its a bad spot to double barrel. if he didnt fold a K on the flop dont think hes folding when that 7 hits.

id probably check fold the turn cause the odds are bad.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't like check/calling unless he gives you immediate odds, giving up the initiative out of position is just so uncomfortable.

You could check/raise and take him off a Kx, maybe a small Ax, against somebody who look less like a giant calling station, but i'm not sure how effective that would be against that guy since you're going to commit your stack in the process and he might call you super light.

Betting is still viable, the 9 is a "bad card" to barrel because it doesn't help your range or change the board texture that much, but honestly that guy doesn't care about any of that, so the only "problem" with betting is that you won't have any fold equity. Still I think i would blockbet/fold that turn for something like $1, since he will rarely raise you unless he really likes his hand, and you can buy your river card that way while building the pot to valuebet the river when you hit your 13 outer.

Hope it helps.