SSS questions

• goldi439
      goldi439
      Bronze
      Hi to the Poker Strategy community

I think you guys are doing an awesome job and providing an excellent service.

Im sorry if this question has been asked before, but i couldnt seem to find the answer to it.

Anyways my question is, well my first one, when playing SSS and you make it to the flop by virtue of free play, do you then proceed to play the hand out as per p.5 of the SSS charts table? ie. similar to the way you would if you had PFR...

Another question is where does 2 pair fit into post flop play? the strategy defines a made hand as TP jack kicker or better; overpair, 3 of kind or better and draws if you PFR'd? is 2 pair left out on purpose?

Thanks for the help guys
  • 7 replies
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hello! and welcome!

Originally posted by goldi439
      when playing SSS and you make it to the flop by virtue of free play, do you then proceed to play the hand out as per p.5 of the SSS charts table? ie. similar to the way you would if you had PFR...
      Free play as in from the big blind?
      Well what i do is i play 2pair or better or a monster draw (12 or more outs) aggressively. Play everything else passively. It depends how many people are in the pot and what your position is but in free play situations a lot of people will have hit the board.

Another question is where does 2 pair fit into post flop play? the strategy defines a made hand as TP jack kicker or better; overpair, 3 of kind or better and draws if you PFR'd? is 2 pair left out on purpose?
      TPTK (top pair top kicker) or BETTER is 2pair as well :) play it as a made hand :f_love:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello goldi439,

wowadvisor was already kind enough to answer the fundamentals of your question :) . Essentially you play only strong hands aggressively and don't play your medium strength draws as made hands. There is actually a bronze article on the topic; http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1027/

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • goldi439
      goldi439
      Bronze
      Seems I miss read the chart My bad

Thanks a lot guys appreciate the help.
    • goldi439
      goldi439
      Bronze
      Hey guys some more questions, I have been trying SSS on Party Poker 5c/10c tables and it seems its almost impossible to find/join a FR game with 2 or fewer short stacks. Doesnt this make play unprofitable?

Furthermore i get the impression that the only guys sitting at these tables with proper stacks are the ones that are there to exploit SSS and short stack players.

Is anybody actively making a profit playing SSS at these PP tables? What im asking is does SSS still have a positive EV these days? I get the impression that the guys who used SSS profitablity did so a while back and SSS is no longer +EV

Like to hear your thoughts on this.

thanks
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Hey guys some more questions, I have been trying SSS on Party Poker 5c/10c tables and it seems its almost impossible to find/join a FR game with 2 or fewer short stacks. Doesnt this make play unprofitable?

Furthermore i get the impression that the only guys sitting at these tables with proper stacks are the ones that are there to exploit SSS and short stack players.

Is anybody actively making a profit playing SSS at these PP tables? What im asking is does SSS still have a positive EV these days? I get the impression that the guys who used SSS profitablity did so a while back and SSS is no longer +EV

Like to hear your thoughts on this.

thanks
      go on beginners tables, i'm still on them

yes there will be other SSS players, but some of them don;t actually use SSS strategy they just buy in with minimum lol.

If possible I try and find a table where there is 2 other SSS, you should be able to.

There is definitely +EV since the play is SO loose, but that doesn't mean your Aces will always get called preflop (frustrating)
    • goldi439
      goldi439
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse

go on beginners tables, i'm still on them

How do I find these tables?

thanks
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse