[NL20-NL50] NL25 KQs in blind battle

• delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I had spotted this guy getting a bit silly and 4-betting light in blind battles before, and figured his raise to $10 was trying to scare me off so I ruled out a monster.

Decided to donk on a scary flop and thought half pot would be enough.
      I think I played this terribly, creating a big pot with air

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30.01
      BU:
      $44.56

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, BU raises to $10.00, Hero calls $7.50.

Flop: ($20.25) A:heart: , 9:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, BU calls $10.00.

Turn: ($40.25) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $10.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $50.25
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't get why you would 3bet KQs against an opponent who you know will 4bet you light. Calling the 4bet is bad, and shoving over it doesn't seem that attractive either unless you were planning on doing it from the beginning, you're turning a perfectly fine hand to play postflop in position into a bluff 3bet/fold basically. I would just call preflop and see a flop.

If i 3bet it's either because i think he will call with worse (which will rarely happen in 6max out of position), or with the intention of shoving over a 4bet no matter how big he makes it. KQs doesn't play that bad heads-up provided your opponent does indeed have a wider 4bet range than AK/QQ+, you're flipping against most pocket pairs, and if he is indeed bluffing light often, he will also fold a lot of trash or tilt call with those.

As played on the flop your donkbet doesn't really make much sense to me, you can't push anything off on a paired board nobody is going to believe you for trips A, you're just donating money imo. I would give it up.

Hope it helps.