This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AK squeeze v loose utgR and caller

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $137.12
      MP1:
      $173.65
      Hero:
      $22.50

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG2 raises to $3.00, MP1 calls $3.00, Hero raises to $22.50 (All-In), 7 folds.

Final Pot: $30.00

I post this not so much for comment - though please feel free - but more to highlight this interesting villain. Hid pfr is 10% overall with a marked bias towards raising in ep - 16% vs 8% in LP. It's an interesting idea but seems quite easily exploited by any opponents with stats - what do you think? Ofc, we only have 200 hands but still these stats are somewhat surprising.
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I think that you need quite a few more hands before you can say too much about villains PF strategy. Positional stats converge super-slow.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I see. Around how many hands would you say, before they become useful?

Thanks,
      tim
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I see. Around how many hands would you say, before they become useful?

Thanks,
      tim
      Depends on villain/game.

A much more useful way of seeing how "positionally aware" a villain is is to compare ATS with PFR.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

nice hand.

About the villain, I completely agree with Nunki, you need much more hands to get reliable positional stats. I think at 1k hands this villain's positional stats will look differently and that's also the sample that gives you quite a good picture of opponent's stats.

Regards,
      burek2000