Stack
      SB:
      $14.37
      Hero:
      $10.95
      MP2:
      $1.06

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 raises to $1.06 (All-In), 3 folds, SB calls $1.01, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.20, SB calls $2.14.

Flop: ($7.56) 7:club: , 4:club: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.56) K:diamond:
      River: ($9.56) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.56

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Td Ah)
      MP2 shows a pair of queens (As Qs)

MP2 wins with a pair of queens (As Qs)

I think I should call short stack here, as clearly not SSS player, and a lot of short stacks in this situation are pushing with worse aces and lower pairs.

To make it interesting a loose calling player joins in with a call, I had already played a lot of pots against this player and he is folding to all c-bets. With his call I definetely have the right odds, but I don't want to play this 3 handed, and I think a call looks weak here. I 3bet, and he calls, not what I orignally wanted but oh well. After showing good strength preflop I decide I have to c-bet here (c-bet size was bad, I think I must have been looking at sidepot and bet according to this). Player folds to c-bet, and I take the sidepot.

Should I be trying to isolate the all in short stack in this situation, or just flat call and see what happens?
  • 5 replies
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikeyH
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $14.37
      Hero:
      $10.95
      MP2:
      $1.06

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 raises to $1.06 (All-In), 3 folds, SB calls $1.01, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.20, SB calls $2.14.

Flop: ($7.56) 7:club: , 4:club: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.56) K:diamond:
      River: ($9.56) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.56

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Td Ah)
      MP2 shows a pair of queens (As Qs)

MP2 wins with a pair of queens (As Qs)

I think I should call short stack here, as clearly not SSS player, and a lot of short stacks in this situation are pushing with worse aces and lower pairs.

To make it interesting a loose calling player joins in with a call, I had already played a lot of pots against this player and he is folding to all c-bets. With his call I definetely have the right odds, but I don't want to play this 3 handed, and I think a call looks weak here. I 3bet, and he calls, not what I orignally wanted but oh well. After showing good strength preflop I decide I have to c-bet here (c-bet size was bad, I think I must have been looking at sidepot and bet according to this). Player folds to c-bet, and I take the sidepot.

Should I be trying to isolate the all in short stack in this situation, or just flat call and see what happens?
      often, the first mistake is preflop play.
      you should have never raised or even limped with AT
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      yeah its pretty close raise from MP1.

but as played i think getting value out of a 3-bet + c-bet is strong play.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Opening with AT in middle position is on the starting hands chart. So I was happy to raise with it, suppose I could save it for MP3 or maybe MP2.

Not really necessary to quote the whole first post.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Yea.. Well the SHC tells you to open raise ATo from MP1 and also to fold AQs from UTG+3..
      I thing open raising from MP is okay with AT, but i dont like playing for big pots with it..
      On the other hand, You probably cant fold against SS push.. And since you had a good read on SB folding to cbets with 16WTSD you extracted an ok amount of value, didnt you?=)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You obviously can't fold anymore against the shorty.

If you know that SB is loose preflop and folds to an ungodly amount of c-bets on the flop i like your play, you got him to put more money in with a marginal hand and give it to you on the flop as expected, it's a very good way to exploit that player.

Hope it helps.