[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 66 flopped set, but I don't like it

• MikeyH
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB raises to $0.50, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.50) A:spade: , 6:club: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($1.50) 4:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BB raises to $2.40, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($6.30) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $10.30

Preflop is easy here. I slowplay the flop as I expect a bet here hopefully from AK from BB and hope not AA or KK. Everyone checks which concerns me, possibly also slowplaying, although there are other possible hands like QQ or JJ and with second club I feel I have to make a move now for value and protection, so I bet, BB minraises me here, which I really don't like. Against his player I think he is holding AA, KK, AK, only one of these hands I'm ahead of. I really wanted to reraise here but decided to call behind instead. Small 1/3 pot value bet on river I am confident my hand is not good here, but I still have to call behind with my set.

How strong do you think players hand is in this situation?
  • 3 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      You cant put ur opponent just on AA or KK without a special read imho =)
      He can be open raising all kind of hands here..
      Checking flop isnt bad, but i like myself donking here, since he is not folding Ace here -> value=)

I would probably raise him on the turn and i wouldnt be afraid of putting it all in here..
      Or as played im probably putting it all in on river, i mean theres AK,AQ,AJ,AT, maybe QK,A6,A7,A4(he doesnt seem to be fish, but you cant tell if he openraises A4s from MP2 or not,maybe he does? =) ) with which he wanna play for stacks

Im just a fish though, wait for da judge =)
    • lessthanthreee
      1 HUGE sign of a donk for me is someone min-raising as a 3-bet.

yes you are right. he may be really really sneaky and be holding AA (KK more unlikely i think)

but even with his stats i would be getting it all in no matter what. he could easily stack off with AK and less, or even QQ if he cant lay it down.

if he does turn over AA/KK nh sir well played.

imo, bottom set at NL10 is the nuts no matter what. if he has a better set then gg bl
    • MaestroOfZerg

You got exactly what you wanted by calling preflop, it's hard not to go with it. If that guy is minraising with AA/KK he probably does it with AK too, and will likely play it the same way on that board. With 3 A 3 K left in the deck he can have total 6 combos of AA/KK and 9 combos of AK, which means you're ahead more often than not. That doesn't take into account all other possible hands, you can't be afraid to stack off in this spot.

If your guts tell you he min3bet with KK+ then there is no shame in taking the pot control line you took, just don't be afraid to stack off bad, set over set is just a cooler. If you decide to stack off here being out of position just 3bet the turn and call a shove, or shove the river yourself if he just calls.

Hope it helps.