[NL2-NL10] Nl2 QQ vs K3s - SSS

• 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Just wondering if I was acting according to SSS? Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.93
      MP3:
      $2.97
      CO:
      $1.01
      BU:
      $1.98
      SB(Hero):
      $0.44
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $0.70
      MP1:
      $3.28

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.11, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.32) K, A, 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, MP1 raises to $0.46, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($1.09) 5 (3 players)

River: ($1.09) 9 (3 players)

Final Pot: $1.09.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP1 shows a pair of kings(K 3).

MP1 wins with a pair of kings(K 3).
  • 3 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Not really, and you can find out why by reading the basic articles.

Preflop: raise 4bb + 1bb for every caller. So that's 4bb + 3* 1bb = 7bb ($0.14).

1. On the flop, your hand is 'trash' because you don't have at least top pair with a good kicker as there are 2 overcards.

2. Against 1 opponent, you can make a continuation bet of around 2/3 potsize (as a semi-bluff). If opponent calls or raises, you fold.

3. However, against 2 opponents you don't bet or invest any more money in the hand - just check/fold.

Have a look again at the basic articles to refresh yourself.

p.s. You can't play sss at 0.01/0.02 tables as you cannot buy in with a 20BB stack. You need to play on NL10 tables - if you have the necessary 30 Buyins.

Tim
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Not really, and you can find out why by reading the basic articles.

Preflop: raise 4bb + 1bb for every caller. So that's 4bb + 3* 1bb = 7bb ($0.14).

1. On the flop, your hand is 'trash' because you don't have at least top pair with a good kicker as there are 2 overcards.

2. Against 1 opponent, you can make a continuation bet of around 2/3 potsize (as a semi-bluff). If opponent calls or raises, you fold.

3. However, against 2 opponents you don't bet or invest any more money in the hand - just check/fold.

Have a look again at the basic articles to refresh yourself.

p.s. You can't play sss at 0.01/0.02 tables as you cannot buy in with a 20BB stack. You need to play on NL10 tables - if you have the necessary 30 Buyins.

Tim
      Thanks, I figured the first mistake out by myself so I'm trying to re-evaluate my hands on every street.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello Ott,

welcome to the SSS forum!

As Tim said before, you have to raise 7BBs when there are 3 limpers before you.

On the flop, you face only one opponent and you have to make continuation bet according to the articles and since continuation bet would consist of more than 50% of your stack you should just push all-in on the flop.

That's how you play "by the book" but when you sit in the blinds and there are 3 or more limpers before you it's more profitable to push all-in before the flop than to raise and contibet the flop. So, next time just push all-in preflop.

P.S.: Please don't post results when you post your hands because it can affect opinions of people who participate in the discussion of the hand.

Regards,
      burek2000