cant pass money barriers.

• kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze

Hi,

well, image sums it up. i cant pass 125usd barrier at party poker. at first it was very good (talking about nl5 SSS) but when i cleared my bonus and moved to NL 10 things got wrong. i could barely make any profit for several days (about 2k hands each) and then i decided to try nl5 again, and there was same too. then i started NL5 SH BSS. well, when i learned (by learned i mean reading all silver articles and in examples making my own judgement before reading and being correct in most examples). Things got better , but when i reached 125 usd im down again. i try to play at my best, but opponents hitting their 2 outers, and something like this puts me down again. i am not complaining about that, because i know fish need to win too, but i just cant seem to understand what i am doing wrong. In some threads i see graphs of new players just rockets through the limits and i play by the book, but dont know whats wrong. any thoughts ?
  • 11 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      2K hands is nothing. downswings and breakeven patches can last for tens of thousands of hands
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kwedaras

Hi,

well, image sums it up. i cant pass 125usd barrier at party poker. at first it was very good (talking about nl5 SSS) but when i cleared my bonus and moved to NL 10 things got wrong. i could barely make any profit for several days (about 2k hands each) and then i decided to try nl5 again, and there was same too. then i started NL5 SH BSS. well, when i learned (by learned i mean reading all silver articles and in examples making my own judgement before reading and being correct in most examples). Things got better , but when i reached 125 usd im down again. i try to play at my best, but opponents hitting their 2 outers, and something like this puts me down again. i am not complaining about that, because i know fish need to win too, but i just cant seem to understand what i am doing wrong. In some threads i see graphs of new players just rockets through the limits and i play by the book, but dont know whats wrong. any thoughts ?
      -dont know what to say but you dont play very good if you make less than 2-3bb/100 on that micro....try learn a bit more... :s_love:
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      I think you are switching from SSS to BSS quite often and that can get you off your game. Apart from that, I would not play NL5 SH BSS as a beginner. Try full ring first and work your way up the limits there. FR BSS is less swingy than SH and at the micro limits rather easy to beat. Also, try to apply the beginner and bronze articles on the micro limits. Silver articles will teach you moves that might assume that you are facing a thinking player who knows where the fold button is. Using those moves on NL5 can actually be highly -ev.
      I have played NL100 FR BSS and now, after a cashout, I am back on NL50. From my experience, I can tell you that only at those limits you will start to find players that can be exploited in the way described in advanced articles without having to look forward to massive variance. Study your bronze articles well untill you get to NL50, then start with everything else.
      Hope I could help you.
      I hope previous poster that recommend to learn more are not offended by my opinion that learning a few things very well is more +ev on the micros.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello kwedaras.

How many tables do you play?
      I think you mixed to many things too early, i also think FR is the best to learn BSS.
      I would suggest you start playing NL5 FR. Dont care about silver articles now.

-Reread the bronze BSS articles
      -Watch bronze NL5 FR videos(they helped me a lot)
      -Post hands into the forum(also great stuff)

Just keep playing solid poker, play basic lines against NL5 fishes, dont overthink it.
      2000 hands/day is quite a lot for begginer i would say(im begginner myself and that would kill me, so dont overpoker urself =) ) and mainly - dont give up. ;) (swings can hurt - there are more swings at SH and SSS than FR)

Good luck
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      One more thing =)
      I believe in the begginning (im there as well) its not important to play as much as possible.. Playing itself wont make you perfect player. Its not that important to play 50k hands in your first month. Practicing makes you better, no doubt, but "play less-learn more" mode can be more profitable =)
      Oh i dont wanna look like Mr.Right, just maybe it will help =) gl
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      u should just deposit some of your own money and play higher limits
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      when i played SSS, i played 10-16 table at the same time, 1k hands a day. i know its much multitabling, but i learned basic sss rules very well, and just a few seconds to look at the table and i know decision by the book. with BSS i played 2-4 SH tables, about 500-800 hands a day. the timeline at the pic is 2 months. I also use elephant, just now trial expired, so only basic hud. I post hard hands everytime also. I will give a shot for NL5 FR BSS. Actually i chose SH BSS at first because of many shorstackers at full ring tables :) And i dont want deposit my own money, i want to reach all limits by myself.
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      Hi again :)

so i started playing FR BSS NL5 and im happy now. i started climbing up fairly steadily. Then, i finished 6th in $10000 freeroll at party, winning $200 :) And i decided to move up to NL 10 FR as my bankroll was okay for that limit. at first i swinged down like 20% of my bankroll, but i think its because of new limit, not yet getting used to it. Also, i think i have a leak and need opinion of yours. I find myself not giving credit for a fish (and losing much money). for example i have tptk, got position, im preflop agressor, against one fish, vpip40 pfr15 agro2. he checks, i contibet, he reraises, i think hes a fish, prolly have some middle pair, i reraise, he pushes, i call. lost o few buy ins this way (shows trips, or two pair). what would any of you do in situation like this ? believe him or not ? actually im trying to be much more careful, leave such situations fairly easy, but i think im leaving value there also.
    • arvydkot
      arvydkot
      Bronze
      Against loose fish u need to play your good hands agresive. Just bet and make them pay. And most of micro limits fishs bets and raises just makes no sense.
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      yeah, well maybe my example was not correct. i know and i play good made hands aggressively :) . what i really meant is when you are in quite marginal situation : tpgk, mptk, pocketpair with overcard on the flop. in these situations when confronted by strong agression now i ussually give up the hand and wait for better spot.
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      u should try to re-read the articles every month because theory is very important.watch the videos (especially hasenbraten's ,he explains very well every decision ),post some hands when u don't really know what to do and just keep grindin :) . Every now and again you will lose a couple of buyins because fishes will make sets and strange two pair sometimes but if you usually get it in with the best hand then you will have a profit.Good luck at the tables