Help me please to understand

• Ciduletz
      Ciduletz
      Bronze
      Pot before the bet from your opponent: $10
      Bet from your opponent: $2
      Possible profit for you: $12
      Bet, which you have to call: $2

I have OESD in my hand. My question is: the 10$ POT that remains for me and my opponent.. is a pot that i contribuited with what sum ? Because to see the FLOP i need to pay, my question is that.. the math is made without counting to what i contribuited to that 10$ pot to see the flop ?
  • 7 replies
    • pokerplayer05
      pokerplayer05
      Gold
      i think the 10$ pot is counted with your contribution because your contribuition is already lost if you don't keep playing.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Ye what happened before the flop is past.
      What you put in the pot before the pot is not ur money anymore, its in the pot.

You have to pay 2$ to win 12$. You are given odds 1:6, which is a call with OESD, just make sure you dont need to discount some of ur outs.

(Hopefully i am right and i dont look like a dumb right now :D )
    • Ciduletz
      Ciduletz
      Bronze
      Then what happens with the money i cotribuited with ? Because they are already LOST and how is that going to help me in the long term ?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Well you paid certain amount to see the flop. Limped or called a raise or whatever. You paid the money because you expect in the longterm you can make more money with that hand postflop than you have to pay preflop.
      But once you paid it preflop you dont have to care about that money anymore. You have to care about the pot size and your remaining stack size etc =)
      Not sure if this is your point though.. =)
    • Ciduletz
      Ciduletz
      Bronze
      Actually it is yes.. but this PREFLOP lose... how do i know how to manage it that in the long run to get profitable
    • Ciduletz
      Ciduletz
      Bronze
      noone? :(
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Its called chose your starting hands... :)

You never know what flop will be, so better invest in your strong hands than in 72o :)