[NL2-NL10] how do i deal with gay minraises?

• shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BB(Hero):
      $4.36
      UTG1:
      $1.86
      UTG2:
      $10.53
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $3.41
      MP3:
      $2.96
      CO:
      $0.69
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $4.76

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.28, UTG2 calls $0.28, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.8) 4, 3, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.52, UTG2 raises to $1.04, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.36.
  • 3 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      you should treat it as a normal raise in this spot, players at NL4 will just click the raise button when they think their hand is good. they wont 3 - bet properly.

maybe next time you should consider just checking ur option in the bb for set value.

i know the starting hand chart says raise but its doubtful that players at this limit will fold much of their limping range pre flop and you are in bad shape against all cards > T if someone calls.

on the other hand if u flop ur set or a small dry board you can get it in with good equity and its very disguised :)

nh
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      lol this is why i chose to bet first

easy fold yes? confirm
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the flop, your hand isn't strong enough to do anything but fold to the minraise here. You don't need to bother with these spots at these stakes until you have seen this player minraise constantly, in which case you might either call his minraise and try to check it down, or start by checking the flop to induce a bluff from him. The problem is that if he is ready to fire multiple streets as a bluff you won't be able to call him down, which is why it's best to stay away from those spots until you're confident in your reads and your postflop play.

Hope it helps.