[NL2-NL10] Nl50 TPTK played too weak?

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP3:
      $52.95
      CO:
      $34.55
      BU:
      $28.65
      SB:
      $41.21
      Hero:
      $50

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      2 folds, BU raises to $1.50, SB calls, Hero raises to $6.00, BU calls, SB calls.

Flop: ($18.00) A:club: , Q:club: , Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $15, BU folds, SB calls.

Turn: ($48.00) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($48.00) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $20.21 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $68.21

Cant figure out what i can beat here except maybe a weak ace which i doubt would bet out on the river. Club flush got there on the turn, KJ made a straight on the river. Any Q beats me.

Also this is like the first 20 hands i played at this limit, might be playing abit cautiously. Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I think that you can safely shove the turn because of the stack sizes. Shutting down automatically on a possible flush is very weak, it's an effective scare card often and some weaker Qs may fold here, and very weak players (of whom there is no short supply) might call with a weaker A. Additionally, you're not dead even against the flush, you still have your 2 A outs.

This pot's too big to throw away TPTK without a fight. I think you have some fold equity on the turn (not sufficient for a pure bluff, but good enough with possible weaker hands (or another AK) calling and your 2 outs against a flush or Q). Also, a hand you might not've considered for villain which surprisingly many players do play this way by default: KK.

I'm not entirely convinced by my own reasoning but there's no way you can know that you're beat and it doesn't have to work out very often to show a profit.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by howard182
      I think that you can safely shove the turn because of the stack sizes. Shutting down automatically on a possible flush is very weak, it's an effective scare card often and some weaker Qs may fold here, and very weak players (of whom there is no short supply) might call with a weaker A. Additionally, you're not dead even against the flush, you still have your 2 A outs.

This pot's too big to throw away TPTK without a fight. I think you have some fold equity on the turn (not sufficient for a pure bluff, but good enough with possible weaker hands (or another AK) calling and your 2 outs against a flush or Q). Also, a hand you might not've considered for villain which surprisingly many players do play this way by default: KK.

I'm not entirely convinced by my own reasoning but there's no way you can know that you're beat and it doesn't have to work out very often to show a profit.
      yes, but a queen wont fold.

villain has less than 1/2 pot left. you have to shove the turn, there is no way that you can figure out your beat in 1 out of 4 cases.

he ll probably call any weaker ace.