$4.94
      MP3:
      $0.60
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $5.84

0.05/0.1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.05.
      2 folds, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 7:diamond: , 2:club: , 4:club: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO folds, BU 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BU calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16.00 BB) 8:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BU raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls (All-In), BU caps, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (35.00 BB) 9:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, BU 3-bets, SB calls (All-In), Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 46.50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, sevens (7s 7h)
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (Ac Qc)
      MP3 shows high card ace with nine kicker (As 5s)
      BU shows three of a kind, fours (4d 4s)
      SB shows a pair of jacks (Js Jh)

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Qc)

preflop there was a raise, i was on the bb and the pot was relatively big, so i called, knowing that there wont be any raises behind me.

i got a pretty good flop. i wasn't too worried about a straight draw, a flush draw concerned me a bit, but i figured after capping the flop and the turn no one in their right mind would call with a flush draw (maybe if they had like 34 or 56 of clubs, but i dont think those type of hands would call on a raised pot). the pocket 8s and pocket nines kinda had me worried, but after capping the flop and turn you gotta feel that there no good.

On the river i felt i could go for a value bet, MP2 raised after cold calling the flop and the turn hence the flat call.

Did i overplay my set?

what do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      beting and even caping is never a bad idea with the best hand--
      You had the best hand on the flop..
      You were best on the turn too im sure..

River is worst card in the deck for you (blaaa thats such a bad card)....that said is proly a call with all the cash in there) but even against a table of lagtards you can expect to have 2nd -3rd best hand here most of the time...

also you should have deff played more passive OTR ..no need to bet there you needed a showdown ACAP.... I cc one bet and cf two bets otr

as played its a crying call ... and if you had the best hand im quiting poker weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      You're too often behind to bet this river. Check/Call is the best option. And after the check you're faced with two big bets its even an easier fold.
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      this time i played it a bit more passively :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.07
      Hero:
      $4.27

0.05/0.1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 2:heart: , Q:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qh Qc)
      SB shows a pair of aces (Ac Ah)

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens (Qh Qc)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hi. I'm an aspiring limit player somehow, i play NL and I'm on a break after a big downswing/playing like crap. I'll give my opinion about the hands but more to see if it's validated by a better player... I played like 4 hours of limit holdem in my life but i think i'll switch to it.

First hand. I think the hand is played good until the river. If you had a different position you may go for a check/raise to shake the players but that's not the case. Since there is so much action you must have at least a feeling that the river card kills you. Folding is out of the question since the pot is huge so your goal now is to see a showdown as cheap as possible. So the best you can do is to save a big bet by checking. You can wait to see how many times it's raised and decide from there. Even if it's 3-bet you have better than 10 to 1 to call.

Second hand. Since he capped on the flop it's unlikely he's got a flush on the turn. He probably played agressively to protect something else. And since you crush that "something else" you should raise turn and call a raise and probably do the same on the river. The only logical hand for him to have a flush with would be AdKd.

So how did i do? :f_biggrin: