$25,90
      MP3:
      $11,75
      CO:
      $51,00
      Hero:
      $26,40

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 7:club:
      MP3 raises to $0,75, CO calls $0,75, Hero calls $0,75, SB calls $0,65, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,25) 8:club: , 4:club: , 2:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $1,00, CO folds, Hero calls $1,00, SB folds.

Turn: ($5,25) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($7,25) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $9,00 (All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $7,25
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I fold it preflop, because our hand doesn't have so much potential and our implied odds aren't so great, since the pre-flop aggressor has only ~40bb.

As played, post flop is fine IMO
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I fold it preflop, because our hand doesn't have so much potential and our implied odds aren't so great, since the pre-flop aggressor has only ~40bb.

As played, post flop is fine IMO
      +1

If they were suited I would always call but offsuit connectors don`t play as well as suited ones even IP.

I would however raise the flop for protection maybe. I don`t want to see any face cards or clubs. If he calls my flop raise I would even continue with a small bet on turn close to 1/2 just to get value from fd or fish who can`t let go of overs and for free showdown.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with what has already been said on the preflop call, we want to play in position against the fish but 87o is just too weak to overcall and play without initiative against a guy with only 40bb behind.

On the flop i'm raising the weak c-bet, a weak c-bet from a donk equals a weak donkbet in my book. Also i have top pair on a drawy board with position and SB left to act behind us is a tag in fit or fold mode with a speculative hand like a pocket pair almost always. We get value from draws and sometimes even overcards. In that case, reverse blockbetting the turn as BogdanDin7 suggested is a fine line to take to keep the showdown cheap.

As played once you start by calling the flop you don't really have a choice but to continue on that road, it's fine.

Hope it helps.