[NL20-NL50] KJs nl25 sh

• 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Why did you 3bet at the first place? Do you think he will call with worser hands?
      Are you willing to risk a stack with such a marginal hand pf to see if is bluffing?
      I don't...
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      This is a cold call or a fold for me pre flop.

He can raising the button with hands which you dominate such as KT, K9, K8, QJ, etc.. But he's probably folding all of them to your reraise and will call only with hands that HAVE you dominate, such as AJ, KQ, AK. So even if he calls and you DO hit on the flop, you're never extracting value from a weaker hand.

Depending on the opponent, I'll cold call it, but next to never I'll 3bet it
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano

He can raising the button with hands which you dominate such as KT, K9, K8, QJ, etc.. But he's probably folding all of them to your reraise and will call only with hands that HAVE you dominate, such as AJ, KQ, AK. So even if he calls and you DO hit on the flop, you're never extracting value from a weaker hand.

+1

If you want to defend agressively better do it with a hand like 78s than KJs for the reason stated above. Same applies for squeeze plays.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Originally posted by caltabiano

+1

If you want to defend agressively better do it with a hand like 78s than KJs for the reason stated above. Same applies for squeeze plays.

I agree mostly, although there might be some arguments for card removal effects, this isn't that useful in practice, and KJs doesn't play that bad in a 3bet pot if you know what you're doing postflop.

Still at nl25 you probably won't get into preflop wars with tag-like players that have wide enough ranges for you to 3bet KJs for value, so calling against late position thieves and folding it to tight players is likely best.

Hope it helps.