Stack
      SB:
      $40,25
      BB:
      $27,33
      Hero:
      $30,26

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , A:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) 4:heart: , A:diamond: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB raises to $6,00, BB folds,

What to do here? Villain is very tight, and I'm behind against AK/AQ, sets and two-pairs. 5h6h is a hand I have dominated, but I don't think this tight villain would call with it preflop...
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think we can be pretty certain such a tight villain won't have 2 pair on this board. He'd probably have 3b AK pre and I don't think he would c/r a TP/TK kind of hand.

So that leaves either sets or draws. You only have 44 hands on him, so it's kind of hard to do stat based reads. But by what we have, I don't think he'll be doing this kind of move with a draw or out of pure bluff, so I think a set is most likely.

I think calling is ok against him. You know he's not folding a set in case you hit and you'll get his whole stack =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I think we can be pretty certain such a tight villain won't have 2 pair on this board. He'd probably have 3b AK pre and I don't think he would c/r a TP/TK kind of hand.

So that leaves either sets or draws. You only have 44 hands on him, so it's kind of hard to do stat based reads. But by what we have, I don't think he'll be doing this kind of move with a draw or out of pure bluff, so I think a set is most likely.

I think calling is ok against him. You know he's not folding a set in case you hit and you'll get his whole stack =)
      +1
      You can call there, since he likely holds there set and you get good implied odds to hit your flush and stack him.