Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30,65
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) T:diamond: , 5:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, BU raises to $8,00,

Do I bet/fold the turn and later probably the river?
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think I call here and reevaluate on the river.

I do find it weird that he raises turn, as he only represents a full house basically, unless he holds a random 5, but I don't think there are many in his range. So he can't be afraid of being outdrawn. I'd expect him to keep slowplaying if that was his goal on the flop and wait to throw in a raise on the river.
      The 5 most probably didn't help YOUR hand, so his raise makes little sense, as you're still folding everything that you were folding on the flop.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I think most people on NL25 don`t go trough the thinking caltabiano did. I think villain could have here anything from T8+ , 6x , and ofc boats and bluffs. But still I agree you should call here , really no point in raising and folding is just to weak imo. I would also c/c any river except a T here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He really can't represent much here, but he has tight stats so i don't think he's getting out line, it's such a bad card to take you off anything that i don't expect any tag at nl25 to get fancy here.

I think he will flat TT-JJ to your utg raise, maybe QQ+ sometimes for whatever reason. But i don't think he would value raise light on the turn, he might with KK+ but it's a long shot. I can't see him show up with any other Tx either. Of course he can have 66 or the last combo of 55.

At higher stakes you probably couldn't fold that ever, but at nl25 tho it's always the same problem. The hands that you beat here will barely ever call flop raise turn shove river for value, and few people have the guts to bluff there (especially because it's a horrible bluff spot so it would require them purposely leveling you into folding, without history it's a huge stretch). I expect to get owned by a set way more often than the theory would suggest.

Overall if you're gonna call the turn you have to c/c the river, but i expect to get shown the goods so often i don't mind just pitching it on the turn at nl25, as weak/tight as it sounds.

Hope it helps.