This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, AJ vs nit

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($5.50)
      BB ($2.65)
      Hero ($15.95)
      UTG+1 ($10.80) 5/0 20 hands
      CO ($6.15)
      BTN ($9.20)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) J:club: 6:club: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60

TURN ($2.15) J:club: 6:club: Q:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $1.40, UTG+1 calls $1.40

RIVER ($4.95) J:club: 6:club: Q:heart: J:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

Bet river or check/call, if he raises river what do i do?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you check, he might check behind Qx or even a worse Jx if he is bad enough, or KK+ if he somehow decided to flatcall that preflop. All these hands will likely call a river bet from you. The only hands he will bet with himself are Jx, the unlikely KT, boats (that beat you) and busted draws (that might not even attempt a bluff, T9 might think it now beats a bluff from you for example).

Unless you can somehow put him on a missed flushdraw VERY often AND think he will bluff the river if you check to him, i would just bet out myself on the river for value, and make it bigger, probably something like $3.5 since i don't expect him to lay down Qx or Jx anyway, and busted draws won't call any amount.

He can only have a boat with 66/QJ/QQ/JJ and i would have expected most people to raise earlier with those hands given the texture of the board. If he raises the river I'd put him on some weird bluff with a missed draw induced by your half pot bet, or some worse made hands that he's overvaluing. He could have KT even tho it's a light call preflop and a light peel on the turn. I don't think we could get away from that hand with those odds.

If he shows you a boat or KT make a note on his play, to be able to recognize next time that he doesn't protect on wet boards or makes looser calls than expect preflop.

Hope it helps.