$50.95
      SB(Hero):
      $99.75
      BB:
      $50.00
      CO:
      $50.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 7.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4) 9, 7, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $16.00, BB calls $12.00.

Turn: ($41) 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $29.50(All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $70.5.

BB: 20/14/3.1/21 406h
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'll 3bet it bigger on the flop, due to being OOP. I don't want to encourage him to call it, but rather to shove over or fold. I'll make it like $22.

As played, I think you can c/f that turn. Your flop line is either a real monster or a FD. If he shoves there, he has a little something =)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

When he raises that flop he probably has a flushdraw, an unlikely set, T9, maybe some weird combodraw with 8s7s, or sometimes an overpair if he flatted that preflop. Imo you can't stack an overpair on a board that ugly if he even has them, you want to protect against a flushdraw but you're toast against all the other made hands he might raise with.

I don't mind your line except i would bet the flop bigger, but because the stack sizes are somewhat ugly on the turn as it is, i might explore a bet/call flop looking for a safe turn, as our equity will change drastically at that point. If the turn isn't a spade i'd probably bet/call again, in case he wants to stack off with his draws at this point, it's probably not worth than stacking off on the flop. On a spade turn i'd check and if he bets i think i can feel good giving it up. I might feel bad bet/calling a 6 or a J turn tho, as he may have 8x.

As played it's a check/fold on the spade turn. On a non-spade turn i'd just shove it in, i think he would have shoved the flop for protection with most of the made hands that beat us, so that leaves draws which we can't allow to a check back to.

Hope it helps.