This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 SH 97

• BloodyB
      BloodyB
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $50.95
      SB(Hero):
      $99.75
      BB:
      $50.00
      CO:
      $50.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 7.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4) 9, 7, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $16.00, BB calls $12.00.

Turn: ($41) 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $29.50(All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $70.5.

BB: 20/14/3.1/21 406h
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'll 3bet it bigger on the flop, due to being OOP. I don't want to encourage him to call it, but rather to shove over or fold. I'll make it like $22.

As played, I think you can c/f that turn. Your flop line is either a real monster or a FD. If he shoves there, he has a little something =)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

When he raises that flop he probably has a flushdraw, an unlikely set, T9, maybe some weird combodraw with 8s7s, or sometimes an overpair if he flatted that preflop. Imo you can't stack an overpair on a board that ugly if he even has them, you want to protect against a flushdraw but you're toast against all the other made hands he might raise with.

I don't mind your line except i would bet the flop bigger, but because the stack sizes are somewhat ugly on the turn as it is, i might explore a bet/call flop looking for a safe turn, as our equity will change drastically at that point. If the turn isn't a spade i'd probably bet/call again, in case he wants to stack off with his draws at this point, it's probably not worth than stacking off on the flop. On a spade turn i'd check and if he bets i think i can feel good giving it up. I might feel bad bet/calling a 6 or a J turn tho, as he may have 8x.

As played it's a check/fold on the spade turn. On a non-spade turn i'd just shove it in, i think he would have shoved the flop for protection with most of the made hands that beat us, so that leaves draws which we can't allow to a check back to.

Hope it helps.