[NL2-NL10] AQs vs Fish

• imson0ob
      imson0ob
      Bronze
      On the river should i bet/fold or check fold or maybe even call ?Because villain plays every hands and always go to river and shoved like that a few times (79vpip/29pfr/55ats)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($18.35)
      BB ($5.90)
      UTG ($15.21)
      CO ($19.36)
      BTN ($34.27)

Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:club:

fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, CO calls $0.40,

FLOP ($1.10) 6:heart: T:club: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70,

TURN ($2.50) 6:heart: T:club: Q:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $1.25, CO calls $1.25,

RIVER ($5) 6:heart: T:club: Q:diamond: K:club: A:spade:

Hero bets $2.50, CO raises to $16.91 (AI), Hero folds,
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If your opponent is calling way too much then bet more on the flop and definitely bet more on the turn, you likely have the best hand already and also have huge equity if you don't, you need to get more value against opponents who don't care about your bet sizing.

On the river you would have a mandatory valuebet/fold without your read that he shoves the river often. I assume you haven't seen him showdown anything tho. The problem is that he could very well shove that river without a J, like "for value" with QT or something, and thus blow us off the best hand. I think you can c/c a normal bet on that particular river card against that guy to secure a showdown.

If you check and he overbetshoves anyway it's obviously disgusting, we've given him more incentive to bluff but it's also possible he really has a J. So getting only 1.3:1 odds i'd curse that river card, swallow my pride and fold to avoid the variance on this one.

Hope it helps.