Bad beats at micro limits

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

These few days I've lost about 5BI at NL2, it's not much I know but still feel really bad as I'm consistently getting bad beats from idiots, players that call my preflop raise with Q2o and makes a straight by the river.

Does this make microlimits hard to beat? I was doing really good before I started losing, climbed every steadily and now back halfway down again.
  • 40 replies
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      I find that micro limits are very hard to beat there are far to many fish I am only still alive due to good BRM if I could have just one day without any suckouts I would make massive profits getting to my wits ends!!
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      "I find that micro limits are very hard to beat there are far to many fish"
      Epic theorem =)
      Micro limits are ofc the easiest to beat =)
      Think about it guys.. Them calling Q2o is what makes you money.. Suck outs do happen.. If you think on higher limits you gonna make money easier because there will be no idiots calling down with their gutshots, thats just not true =)
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      I made approximately 50BI up on NL2 last two months ..and I am just a beginner..
      so microlimits are the easiest to beat..
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Suck outs do happen..
      One fish makes a suck out on you, then another one and another one. It's really very hard to beat these limits - the players play any two possible cards. You never know whether the player against you may have a full house holding 83o for example... or other cards that are not reasonable holdings and none of the players at the medium limits would have played such a crappy hand. The fishes are impossible to make reads on them, as well.
      My tactic - just play with any speculative hands and bet strong if you do have a strong hand. The good thing is that the fishes will pay you out... Very rarely (close to never) try bluffs...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      Hi all

These few days I've lost about 5BI at NL2, it's not much I know but still feel really bad as I'm consistently getting bad beats from idiots, players that call my preflop raise with Q2o and makes a straight by the river.

Does this make microlimits hard to beat? I was doing really good before I started losing, climbed every steadily and now back halfway down again.
      I hear aloooot of peopel say micro limits are hard to beat because of many fishes etc etc, but in the long run you will win if you play correct. And the higher limits are NOT easier you will face more aggresive regs, may not call you with Q2o but they will for sure be veryyy good postflop.
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      edit:sorry double post
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      I have lost 6 sngs in a row just today 5 suckouts thats at $5 its the same everyday its like every game there is a new lucky fish its so bad, I feel like quitting sometimes, I am up over all but not nearly enough to move up the limits!!

Fuck the poker gods!! I feel like doing a name and shame blog!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by highsocietypro
      I find that micro limits are very hard to beat there are far to many fish!
      LOOOOOOOOLLLLLL
      Originally posted by highsocietypro
      if I could have just one day without any suckouts I would make massive profits getting to my wits ends!!
      If you wouldn't get sucked out you'd be running above expectation. :P
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      thats true, but just one day thats all I ask!!
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Micro limits are the easiest to beat , no question about it. You can beat it just by playing ABC value poker and having a good BRM. Even a computer could beat them IMO with good programing ^^ Sure suckouts are happening more often but on the long run it`s way more +ev
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LetchLord
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Suck outs do happen..
      One fish makes a suck out on you, then another one and another one. It's really very hard to beat these limits - the players play any two possible cards. You never know whether the player against you may have a full house holding 83o for example... or other cards that are not reasonable holdings and none of the players at the medium limits would have played such a crappy hand. The fishes are impossible to make reads on them, as well.
      My tactic - just play with any speculative hands and bet strong if you do have a strong hand. The good thing is that the fishes will pay you out... Very rarely (close to never) try bluffs...
      Of course, play tight, play with strong hands and play for value =) Thats why micro limits are easy to beat. Its not hard at all, you have % in your favour like every time and you cant beat % in the long run =)
      I dont care he might be holding 83o and have a full house because most of the time hes gonna call me down with his TP bad kicker or mid pair etc =)
      no need to discuss this anymore...
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I hope I'm out of it. Had a rush of good luck in the last few minutes and won almost 5BI.

Was playing 4 tables at once, got flooded with AA, AK, KK and QQs.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      Was playing 4 tables at once, got flooded with AA, AK, KK and QQs.
      QQ suited? so you rigged the pokersite :D ?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I'm not complaining that the fish enter the hand with garbage, i'm complaining that they are either extremely passive with good hands (if they get trips it's clear they'll call all the way) or insanely agressive with absolute air (one dude overbet the pot going all in with a gutshot on the turn?!?!?!?!?). Problem is not all of them are alike and some get insanely agressive (30 cents pot they go all in for 3$) with a good hand and all the thinking in the hand goes wild.

If you try playing limit something interesting happenes... since you cannot be pushed out of the pot easily and you can't loose to much you start to see that not all 3 suited cards means a flush for someone, not all 4 cards straights are completed, players actually have rarely trips, etc... In NL everybody seems to have the nuts.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I do find the extremely passive players rather annoying. Just now I lost with a pair of aces to a guy who flopped a straight and called me all the way down.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      the level of bullshit in this thread astonishes me.

micro-limits hardest to beat? are you kidding me?

LOOOOL

you can win the MOST (e.g BB/100) if you can deal with suckouts from noobs, go read the strategies again!
    • Groski
      Groski
      Bronze
      this thread has confused me hehe

I thought we want to get called by 83o when we have monsters, thats how we increase our BRs, isnt it? ?(

Also if i find myself at a table with too many manics and im finding it hard to play back at them then i can just leave (and thats been rare). Dont get personal and try to bust someone , just move on and let someone else do it for you :D
    • Valhalas
      Valhalas
      Bronze
      Talking about bad beats, guys, tell what you want, micro limits are pretty sick if you run bad, here's the example of a day when I lost half of my bankroll(70 $):
      AA vs 23, called down every way, rivered backdoor flush and went all-in
      AA vs 88 flop K J 5, went all-in, rivered trips
      AK vs K2, called a raise, flop came AQ2, went all in, rivered trips
      QQ vs Q10 wen't all in pre-flop, flopped straight
      JJ vs 87 off-suit, flop came J57, wen't all in, hit back door flush

well and let's not forget the regulars:
      QQ vs KK(went all-in pre flop)
      QQ vs AA(wen't all-in pre flop)
      AA vs KK (flopped trips)

Well that's as far as I remember, there was more, not as devastating, but besides those QQ and some of the 50/50 flips I was in front pre flop every and on flop most of the time(I was playing with 2 to 5 $ buy-in). On every of these hands I lost all my buy-in and it was unavoidable pretty much every time, I did not win any big pot the entire day.

I understand mathematically I should build up again sooner or later if I remain playing good, but it's really hard to go back to poker table after streaks like that.

Hope that will help to calm some of you down if they think they are running bad after loosing 5 BI, lol, 5 BI is regular and is destined to happen for time to time...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Valhalas
      Talking about bad beats, guys, tell what you want, micro limits are pretty sick if you run bad, here's the example of a day when I lost half of my bankroll(70 $):
      AA vs 23, called down every way, rivered backdoor flush and went all-in
      AA vs 88 flop K J 5, went all-in, rivered trips
      AK vs K2, called a raise, flop came AQ2, went all in, rivered trips
      QQ vs Q10 wen't all in pre-flop, flopped straight
      JJ vs 87 off-suit, flop came J57, wen't all in, hit back door flush

well and let's not forget the regulars:
      QQ vs KK(went all-in pre flop)
      QQ vs AA(wen't all-in pre flop)
      AA vs KK (flopped trips)

Well that's as far as I remember, there was more, not as devastating, but besides those QQ and some of the 50/50 flips I was in front pre flop every and on flop most of the time(I was playing with 2 to 5 $ buy-in). On every of these hands I lost all my buy-in and it was unavoidable pretty much every time, I did not win any big pot the entire day.

I understand mathematically I should build up again sooner or later if I remain playing good, but it's really hard to go back to poker table after streaks like that.

Hope that will help to calm some of you down if they think they are running bad after loosing 5 BI, lol, 5 BI is regular and is destined to happen for time to time...
      Always, I wanna be with you

And make believe with you

And live in harmony, harmony oh love