Stack
      SB:
      $23,25
      BB:
      $25,90
      Hero:
      $26,25

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU folds, SB calls $0,75, BB calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,55) 4:heart: , A:heart: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, SB folds, BB raises to $5,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Turn: ($12,55) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $3,50, Hero calls $3,50.

River: ($19,55) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $5,25, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $19,55

should I get it in on the flop? I thought it will be to much so I took more pasive line.
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'm getting it in with TP/GK vs fish. They're shoving worse A's, flush draws and other stuff unnacounted for. We're ahead of his range here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wouldn't be happy about it but i'd also 4bet the flop, i don't think that guy would shutdown once called after bet/min3betting the flop, so calling him down on a board with a straightdraw and a flushdraw out is somewhat ill-advised imo, i'd take my chances against his range for going nuts on the flop.

Hope it helps.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      you are not confusing SB with BB here? What can we tell about villian that is playin 33/7/1.9?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Likely that he is tight with raises preflop, but still plays a lot of hands regardless. That usually mean he doesn't really like to put more money in the pot himself, but he can't let go of any pretty hand either. We don't know much about him postflop yet, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him do that with a top pair, especially if he didn't hit much in the previous hands. Often they start out tightish and just get tired of hitting nothing, and decide "well, top pair is as good as i'm gonna get, let's do it".

Our hand is just too strong to fold against that player imo, and i don't want to have to call him down on that board. You have to accept that he's gonna show you a better hand occasionally, but i think he'll show up with enough worse hands to guaranteed us not stacking off bad in that spot.

Hope it helps.