[NL20-NL50] ATs nl25 sh.

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU raises to $1,00, SB folds, Hero calls $0,75, CO calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,10) 2:heart: , 2:spade: , J:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3,10) 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($3,10) 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,25, BU folds, Hero calls $0,25.

Final Pot: $3,60

call pr is ok right?
      what if villian is 17/8 ?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      It's ok to call preflop.

Those stats are very often irrelevant, as I've seen 17/8 players who raise 30% OTB and 17/8 who raise 5% on the button. So it really depends if he's position aware. Just check his PFA by position. If he loosens up OTB, then call is fine, but if he's as tight OTB as he is in UTG, you're better off folding, as you're more often than not, dominated
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's close given that the fish doesn't have any money behind so the flush value of your hand decreases, you're likely ahead of BU's range for isolating him with AT but you're out of position.

I usually just turn that into a 3bet "bluff" with an A blocker and get folds all the time. Calling is also fine provided BU's range is wide enough, which it should be for isolating a limper.

If villain was 17/8 you'd be better off mucking it imo, nits usually don't go too much out of their way to play with fishes, i don't think him isolate is widening his range that much.

Hope it helps.