This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A8s nl25 sh

• Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $25,75
      Hero:
      $25,00
      BU:
      $28,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , 8:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,25, BU calls $3,25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2,25.

Flop: ($10,10) 4:heart: , 7:spade: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $3,75, MP3 folds, Hero calls $3,75.

Turn: ($17,60) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($17,60) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9,25, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $17,60

preflop raise was more for bluff as Axs is good to do this I think though he colub be to tight so I' not sure..

I didn't bet the flop as I didn't see many worse cards that will call.

turn my plan was to c/r him.
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      It's ok to 3bet such a tight guy, if he's folding a lot to 3bets. A8s is behind his opening range, so whenever he calls you're 3bet you're behind. Therefore, only do it if he folds a lot to 3bets.

And in this spot, I wouldn't do it, as there's the fish behind me IP, which is probably gonna be calling my 3bet a lot and giving me trouble. In this spot I'd opt for value 3bets.

As played, post flop is fine IMO.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I probably wouldn't mess with a 18/8's opening range from MP, especially with a fish behind for a few reasons

- the fish might overcall in position and give you trouble with his wide range and flawed logic, A8s might be too weak to compensate comfortably
      - a suited ace has more value multiway, so using the fish's tendency to overcall by flatting MP's raise to see a 3-way flop makes more sense to me
      - MP's range has to be rather tight to begin with, but knowing that the fish will often overcall his opening in position should make his range even tighter

As it is, i like your play postflop.

Hope it helps.