Stack
      SB:
      $28,95
      MP3:
      $10,85
      Hero:
      $27,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB raises to $3,25, BB folds, MP3 calls $3,00, Hero calls $2,25.

Flop: ($10,00) A:diamond: , 2:spade: , J:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $6,50, SB folds, MP3 raises to $7,60 (All-In), Hero calls $1,10.

Turn: ($25,20) 5:heart:
      River: ($25,20) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $25,20

pre post?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Pre: I think I fold, because the fish isn't full stacked.

Post: check behind. They're both very passive and won't be out of line here. If you bet you're only folding out all hands that you beat. Also, MP3 will be calling way too loose here. I try to check it down and if any of them shows aggression, I fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think preflop is close given that the fish doesn't have money behind, which means that first you don't have implied odds against him, and second SB will never c-bet with air into you + the committed fish, which means you likely will only make money postflop from the fish when you can feel good about putting him all-in or from the SB when both of you hit something. It's not that great of a situation.

Postflop with two overcards on board i probably wouldn't shove when checked to, SB isn't necessarily check/folding, he could be planning on check/calling or be trying to induce something from the fish or you. The fish might well have hit something too, he's very passive so him not betting doesn't mean he doesn't have you beat either. Just check it back.

Hope it helps.