Stack
      BB:
      $89,23
      MP3:
      $36,71
      Hero:
      $30,16

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , J:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, BB calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,85) A:spade: , K:spade: , J:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $3,00, Hero calls $3,00, BB folds.

Turn: ($9,85) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $6,00, Hero calls $6,00.

River: ($21,85) T:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $26,46 (All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21,85

Is this the way to go?
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      This is a tough spot. If we raise here, I think he'll very often repop us with the made flush or the Q :spade: . And then we're putting in our money behind in general. So I prefer calling him down and if an ugly card such as the T or a :spade: shows up, I can safely give up.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm raising the flop for value to $8.5, it's way more likely he has Ax or a 1 card flushdraw than a made flush. Being 125bb deep you can find a fold if he shoves, even if he only has the Qs you're not in great shape, and he wouldn't 3bet you with worse than KJ anyway i don't think.

If he calls i'll try and check it down from there, although once he doesn't 3bet the flop and the turn blanks i'd be quite sure he only had a draw, so shoving that turn for value wouldn't be out of the question.

Hope it helps.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

I'm raising the flop for value to $8.5, it's way more likely he has Ax or a 1 card flushdraw than a made flush. Being 125bb deep you can find a fold if he shoves, even if he only has the Qs you're not in great shape, and he wouldn't 3bet you with worse than KJ anyway i don't think.

If he calls i'll try and check it down from there, although once he doesn't 3bet the flop and the turn blanks i'd be quite sure he only had a draw, so shoving that turn for value wouldn't be out of the question.

Hope it helps.

Don't you think he's folding everything that we beat if we raise flop? Except maybe for the Q :spade:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think he will continue with stuff like AT, AQ, TsX, QsX, he might have a weaker AxXs. His WTSD seems very low but only over 50 hands that doesn't mean he doesn't chase, just that he gives up when he doesn't hit.

On the turn i don't want to see any spade, any T, any Q, an A would be bad also. Not only in the sense that it would kill my hand, but also it would kill more or less any action from worse hands on later streets. Raising the flop is the only way we're gonna get value from worse hands when the turn freezes everything.

Also if you think about it, it didn't cost us more money to raise $9 then to call $3 then $6.

Hope it helps.