This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AJc BB flush

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $51.00
      MP2:
      $52.28
      MP3:
      $50.00
      CO:
      $14.75

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 6:heart: , 3:club: , 6:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $8.25, Hero calls $8.25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $8.25.

Turn: ($33.00) 5:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: ($33.00) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $19.50, MP3 raises to $39.75 (All-In), CO raises to $4.50 (All-In), Hero calls $20.25.

Final Pot: $117.00

I posted this in a Hasenbraten live hand evaluation, but forgot what he said =P
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Fold flop IMO. He's giving you horrible odds, the board is paired and you're OOP. So it'll be pretty hard to get paid off properly in case you hit.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the flop i would click it back, i think there is a decent chance that we are flipping with CO and he's almost all-in already, with the overlay in the pot it's fine to play for stacks against him. MP3 is going away most of the time unless he has 6x or 33 exactly, i don't think he'd check back a biggish pocket pair when MP2 checks the flop. If MP3 3bet or coldcalled my raise i'd be pretty worried, especially if he coldcalled i'd almost be hoping for a miss on the turn to ease the decision process :p

As played on the river MP3's line throughout the whole hand looks super strong, if he had 6x with the 5 turn and the 7 river he almost always has a boat now, this looks more like he had 66/33 all along. Since he might sometimes play a K-high flush that way we can't fold getting 5:1 but it doesn't look so good.

Hope it helps.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

On the flop i would click it back, i think there is a decent chance that we are flipping with CO and he's almost all-in already, with the overlay in the pot it's fine to play for stacks against him. MP3 is going away most of the time unless he has 6x or 33 exactly, i don't think he'd check back a biggish pocket pair when MP2 checks the flop. If MP3 3bet or coldcalled my raise i'd be pretty worried, especially if he coldcalled i'd almost be hoping for a miss on the turn to ease the decision process :p

As played on the river MP3's line throughout the whole hand looks super strong, if he had 6x with the 5 turn and the 7 river he almost always has a boat now, this looks more like he had 66/33 all along. Since he might sometimes play a K-high flush that way we can't fold getting 5:1 but it doesn't look so good.

Hope it helps.
      ty,

what do you mean by "clicking back" and "overlay"?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sorry.

By "clicking it back" i mean minraising. Most of the time it won't matter as MP3 will fold very often anyway, but there's a chance we'll get MP3 to fold some stuff he would have overcalled with, as he could make our life difficult on a blank turn with position. And if he doesn't fold, he didn't only overcall the flop, he check/coldcalled a raise, which tells us basically that our flushdraw is no good because i don't see him do that with anything else than 33 honestly. It's not really raising for information, it's just an added bonus to the fact that i want to get CO all-in immediately if i'm gonna play with him.

By "overlay" i just mean the money already in the pot, the dead money. It makes no sense for us to get into a coinflip with CO as this is neutral EV, but with the extra money already in the pot it's actually +EV.

Hope it helps.