This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] K6s SB - FD

• 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I usually always 2nd barrel my flush draws, but this guy is such a nit that I think I give up on the turn. I think he has us beat very often. Even if he only called us on a draw on the flop, he'll often have us beat with the nuts flush draw.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think BB's understanding of c-bets is a bigger concern than his preflop tightness. Some players won't ever fold a pocket pair on that because they know you c-bet air there, and some will always fold them figuring it's worthless with an overcard on board already. So i'd look to his fold to c-bet stat more than anything else.

Without that tho, I agree that by default i don't think such a player would call the c-bet with anything less than top pair or a very good draw, which means that with the turn pairing the top pair we're likely in bad shape against hands he won't fold to a 2nd barrel ever.

If that guy had been looser you could have barreled that turn. It would still have been a better card for his range then for ours, but he would have had a lot more pocket pair peels in his flop calling range, and us barreling the pairing turn card would just look insanely strong.

Hope it helps.