[NL20-NL50] K6s SB - FD

• 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      I usually always 2nd barrel my flush draws, but this guy is such a nit that I think I give up on the turn. I think he has us beat very often. Even if he only called us on a draw on the flop, he'll often have us beat with the nuts flush draw.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think BB's understanding of c-bets is a bigger concern than his preflop tightness. Some players won't ever fold a pocket pair on that because they know you c-bet air there, and some will always fold them figuring it's worthless with an overcard on board already. So i'd look to his fold to c-bet stat more than anything else.

Without that tho, I agree that by default i don't think such a player would call the c-bet with anything less than top pair or a very good draw, which means that with the turn pairing the top pair we're likely in bad shape against hands he won't fold to a 2nd barrel ever.

If that guy had been looser you could have barreled that turn. It would still have been a better card for his range then for ours, but he would have had a lot more pocket pair peels in his flop calling range, and us barreling the pairing turn card would just look insanely strong.

Hope it helps.