This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] J9o - chasing flush

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $62.27
      BU:
      $69.14

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , 9:spade:
      6 folds, BU calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) T:club: , A:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.25) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.25) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2.25

ok to chase flush?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You have absolutely zero implieds against his weak/blockbet-ish stab on the turn imo, and being out of position will force you to either donk a 4 flushed board into him or c/r him hoping he has a club to get paid. I think he'll rarely call anything unless he has a flush himself, and since he's most likely to play big cards with a Qc or Kc rather than stuff with the 2c in it, it could also get ugly for you when you hit. I don't think i would bother for a limp pot out of position.

Hope it helps.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

You have absolutely zero implieds against his weak/blockbet-ish stab on the turn imo, and being out of position will force you to either donk a 4 flushed board into him or c/r him hoping he has a club to get paid. I think he'll rarely call anything unless he has a flush himself, and since he's most likely to play big cards with a Qc or Kc rather than stuff with the 2c in it, it could also get ugly for you when you hit. I don't think i would bother for a limp pot out of position.

Hope it helps.
      What do I do on the turn if I have the Qc or Kc instead of the Jc?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then I beat more broadway clubs so i feel more confident in my draw, depending on how much of a calling station he is i'll probably just pot the turn, i think even him would bet top pair on the flop, so it's not unreasonable to think that we can get him off something by repping an ace or a club at this point. Coupled with the fact that we will hit sometimes on the river (either flush or Q/K is likely good) and that if he also happens to have a lone club our Q-high/K-high might even be good at showdown (more often than J-high that's for sure), i think it' worth taking a more aggressive approach with our equity on the turn.

Hope it helps.