Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $62.27
      BU:
      $69.14

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , 9:spade:
      6 folds, BU calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) T:club: , A:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.25) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.25) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2.25

ok to chase flush?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You have absolutely zero implieds against his weak/blockbet-ish stab on the turn imo, and being out of position will force you to either donk a 4 flushed board into him or c/r him hoping he has a club to get paid. I think he'll rarely call anything unless he has a flush himself, and since he's most likely to play big cards with a Qc or Kc rather than stuff with the 2c in it, it could also get ugly for you when you hit. I don't think i would bother for a limp pot out of position.

Hope it helps.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

You have absolutely zero implieds against his weak/blockbet-ish stab on the turn imo, and being out of position will force you to either donk a 4 flushed board into him or c/r him hoping he has a club to get paid. I think he'll rarely call anything unless he has a flush himself, and since he's most likely to play big cards with a Qc or Kc rather than stuff with the 2c in it, it could also get ugly for you when you hit. I don't think i would bother for a limp pot out of position.

Hope it helps.
      What do I do on the turn if I have the Qc or Kc instead of the Jc?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then I beat more broadway clubs so i feel more confident in my draw, depending on how much of a calling station he is i'll probably just pot the turn, i think even him would bet top pair on the flop, so it's not unreasonable to think that we can get him off something by repping an ace or a club at this point. Coupled with the fact that we will hit sometimes on the river (either flush or Q/K is likely good) and that if he also happens to have a lone club our Q-high/K-high might even be good at showdown (more often than J-high that's for sure), i think it' worth taking a more aggressive approach with our equity on the turn.

Hope it helps.