Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3,72
      Hero:
      $5,27

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , T:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) A:diamond: , 5:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,44, MP2 calls $0,44.

Turn: ($1,34) 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,28, MP2 calls $1,28.

River: ($3,90) 4:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3,90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Tc)
      MP2 shows a pair of aces (6d Ah)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac Tc)

should i bet on the river ? his range is very wide, and any 3x hand beats me.
  • 5 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I think you're overplaying your hand here. It's totaly unnecessary to bet pot on 2 streets on a pretty dry board with just TPGK.

As played your river check is fine imo. Villain is playing 50/5, which means that he's most likely limp/calling any Ax hand. A full Ax range has you crushed here:
      * AK, AQ, AJ, have better kickers.
      * A9, A5, A4 & A2 make two pair.
      * A3 makes a straight.

You might be able to extract some more value from A8, A7 & A6 but I don't think there's much value in a river bet cause if you're gonna get called it's more often gonna be a hand that you beat then not.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      not too overplayed imo. maybe to bet less, but otherwise ok. I would take free SD on river also.
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      with his vpip, im not neccesserily put him on Ax. he might have 5x, i could even give him 9x, but im waiting for judge comment :)
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Yeah he might have other hands then Ax... I only ment that those hands or most likely the biggest part of his range here considering he's calling 2 pot bets.

54 & 53 are possible hands. Maybe 65 althou I consider it unlikely he'd call two streets of pot bets with that. I guess the guy could also have 42, 32. If he had 43 he'd been check/raising the turn most likely, if not on the flop already or at the very least he would've donked into you on the river. I think you can cut 43 from his range, and all the other hands I mentioned in this alina are most likely gonna fold if you bet the river again.

There's no way he's playing 9x here. There's no way he's calling you on the flop with K9 -> 97 kinda hands. If he does have a 9 he'll most likely have A9 or 99 and have you drawing very thin to dead on the turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just bet ~2/3 all the way for around the same amount of money spent, except you can get away cheaper if you get raised by this passive guy along the way.

I agree that the river is a bit thin if you only take into account hands that make sense, but i like to get some extra value to account for random non-sense stuff that we can't put him on but that he will still show up with sometimes.

Hope it helps.