Re-Stealing %

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I have increasing been re-stealing more and more and growing some balls it seems.
      But, my question is...
      Approx, To be profitable at what % should we be looking at to re-steal if we suspect villain to be stealing from us?
      for example: nl10-FR, everyone folds and SB raises 40c.
      HERO obvs in BB.
      We look at villains stats and he steals 7% over 1000 hands with stats of 12/8.
      Obvs we would only re-steal with a strong hand but how loose can we get against tight and loose player respectively?
      Hope this makes sense..lol
  • 9 replies
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      at NL10 its really not worth bothering to resteal or even steal as people just look at their own cards and play in their own world so it becomes really difficult to do.

in the gold articles there is one calledSteals and Resteals. it has a chart that tells you what PFR you can resteal with what!

once you become gold.. then start restealing! thats my advice :s_cool:

edit: by the way .. you are my master in that online BRUTE game lol ! i signed up through ur link :s_biggrin:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey wow.
      yeah I enjoy mybrute when Im just browsing, fun game.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't agree with you 100%.
      Sure at the low limits players are going to play their cards more than the player it self but not all players are donks.
      There is players that try to steal, even re-steal at NL10.
      I should prob be GOLD or whatever but iPoker sucks. :(
      I want to go somewhere else but most software is crap and I've signed up to so many sites when I was chasing freerolls :(
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - Dont re-steal vs tight opp.
      - Dont resteal fish/station, they will call.
      - Re-steal vs stealer ocasionally to keep him in line. If this doesnt work you can trap or change table.

Edit: I stopped playing mybrute ages ago, I play Ikariam and Perfect World now =)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Think of the situation this way:

If the tight guy was cutoff, and you were button, what would you do with your hand?
      Don't try to play back just because it's your blind.
      It becomes a whole different story when he open-raises light from the sb though.

But I think a lot will depend on the specific player and your level of playing (handreading etc). Is your opponent likely to fold if you try to steal postflop and such things ...
      If you would be playing back, having position should be your main reason! Or having a monser of course.
      Like the others said, at NL10 most of the time it's best to not get tricky.

greetz
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You can widen re-steal range in BB vs SB if he tries to steal more often. You will be IP post-flop obviously and if he has leaks there you can steal pots etc.

Although 7% out of 1k hands.... that is so little, you could just fold I guess like 90% of the time.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      but SB vs BB happens so rarely. it would take soooooooo many hands for it to be profitable to only do that.I guess 7% was abit of a tight stat to say.

But I see people steal on NL10 alot.
      You guys might think, ohwell its only Nl10, everyone is donks there.
      sure there is alot of donks but why would a donk starting off play at NL10, they would try their luck at NL100 to try and win some quick money.
      so imo there is far less donks on Nl10 than everyone thinks.

Lately I've been trying to limit my re-steals up until I have stats on the opponent after 100hands???
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      6.9% @ pokerstove:

99+
      ATs+
      KQs+
      AJo+
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      6.9% @ pokerstove:

99+
      ATs+
      KQs+
      AJo+
      I understand the range of which it is.
      7% was just an example.
      I was just interested in what kind of stats players look at when re-stealing.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Well bit higher like 15-35%. On SH where I play BU sometimes has like 40% steal etc.

It just depends on the opponent I guess. You can also compare his PFR to his steal %, if villain is a tight player but knows how to steal I think he would fold to 3-bet more often since he is too afraid to call.

There are plenty of fish on NL10.. actually on every limit.

You will quickly see who is a fish and who is not. You can just try to 3-bet once and see villains reaction and from then on decide what to do.