Stack
      MP1:
      $2,35
      Hero:
      $2,20
      MP3:
      $4,33

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,25) 8:club: , 9:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,22, MP3 calls $0,22.

Turn: ($0,69) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,48, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,69

I didn't like that drawy board, but the turn was terrible. Imo it is an easy fold, but I'd like to read some comments about this hand.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Play bet/fold on the turn, your line is too weak like this imo. A strong hand is probably gonna raise you on the turn but at least you know where you stand then. This looks like a scared money play to me.

5 isn't such a horrible turn card. He needs to have a 6 to complete his straight now. If the turn would've been a T or a 6 it would've been way worse and even so I'd still play bet/fold on the turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

As Mstlc outlined, that turn card isn't that bad. A 6 in his hand is way less likely than Tx or some clubs, if you were good on the flop there is a decent chance that you're still good on the turn. Bet like $0.45 and fold to a shove, which would clearly indicate that you are beat at this point.

Giving up the initiative on the turn usually isn't the best option, especially against bad players, because they will show up with worse hands quite often and don't really understand the difference between betting for value and betting as a bluff, so you might even get pushed off on the turn by a hand like A9 that figures "well, since he didn't bet i'm good, so i bet".

Hope it helps.