SB ($65.30)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($68.92)
      Hero ($50)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, SB calls $1.75, fold

FLOP ($4.50) 8:club: 9:club: 8:spade:

SB bets $3.50, Hero raises to $9, SB raises to $31.50, Hero ?

i was unsure what to do, i think i showed strength by 3betting, i deffo did not like his 4bet.
      his range probly includes 88+, a8, a9, 89, 87.
      altho he is very aggressive, i didnt know if someone with 16/5 would get out of line with A9 or sth. if most likely an overpair, i shouldv called. but i am way behind if he holds an 8.
      i think FD or SD would just call rather than 4bet.
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      Your raise was a 2bet and his rerasie was a 3bet
      Pre-flop: BB = bet
      raise = 2b
      reraise = 3b

Post flop: bet = bet
      Raise = 2b

=P This doesn't matter though

This is pretty tough. I'm not sure he'll just call his draws OOP, as it's so hard extracting money.
      I think I'll shove over here, because I expect him to have a FD with overcards more often than an 8. It's much more likely for someone to call a steal with KQ, KJ, AJ than with 78 or 89 IMO. When they do call 78 or 89, it's usually suited, and there aren't many combinations of that left in the deck.

Overpairs are definitely in his range also.

I don't think I can find a fold here without a read that villain only leads monsters
    • MaestroOfZerg

The sample is really small. He might be a tightish tag, or he might be a tightish fish.

If he is a tag i won't give him an 8x ever, he'd have to show me that he flats suited connectors oop to a steal first, especially given his stats so far. I think it's more like likely he has some kind of combo draw with flushdraw+straight/overcards, like QcJc or AcKc or something, tags mostly flat broadways and sometimes middle pocket pairs in his spot.

If he is a fish he can have anything, he likely doesn't 3bet much, so he'll do that with anything from 8x to an overplayed 9x, any overpair he now sees as the nuts, a flushdraw too given his aggression so far, maybe a bluff if he feels like it.

The fact that he just pot raised looks scary but it could mean anything, maybe he just has no idea how to size his raises, or maybe he consciously decided to commit himself with his draw no matter what. I think you have to go broke in that spot without further information, you'll make a bad fold more often than you'll make a bad shove imo.

Hope it helps.