BTN ($75.83)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.50, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, CO calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.50) 7:heart: 2:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

TURN ($11.50) 7:heart: 2:diamond: 2:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $11.50, Hero ?

now i am thinking that i should've 2nd barrelled turn
      but if he had the 7, i think he wouldv checked behind.
      i dont have much hands on him, but he seems pretty passive, so i am not liking his sudden aggression. but ofc, he could'v just sensed weakness inducing him to bet. i dont know.
      best line probly b/f turn?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think if you check the turn, you have to call a bet, as the Q didn't change much on the board and it next to never helped him. If you had the best hand on the flop, you most probably still have it on the turn. It sucks that he bet potsize though. That's the problem we face when giving up the initiative vs unknown. We never know what they'll do and what they do means.

So I would probably just barrel turn, as we often hold the best hand and I don't find it very pleasant giving up the initiative vs unknown.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You're indeed better off just bet/folding the turn until you know more about his postflop tendencies, he will likely call again with worse. I expect him to peel the flop with some overcards so sometimes the Q helped him, but you can't worry about that your hand still figures to be best. I think as a default you should fold to a turn raise tho, stacking off there with 99 against an unknown fish would be pushing it.

Keep an eye on what he does next time when someone gives up the initiative to him again, if he pots it against chances are you take a bluff catching line again that guy in the future to make money, provided you can commit to calling two potsize bets.

Hope it helps.