[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 55 set against 79vpip

• koaesica
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:spade: , 5:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) 4:diamond: , Q:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2,00, MP3 calls $2,00.

Turn: ($6,85) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $5,00, MP3 raises to $21,85,

Villain was bluffing alot, and raising big with both monsters and air. He was playing medium made hands a bit more passive though. Can I check behind the turn and hope to hit a house or do I bet? And well, can I make the call as played?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

You need to bet the turn, he could still call with Qx, a random diamond or do something stupid with air, if you check behind and 4th diamond comes your hand is dead, whereas it still stands to be best against that guy on the turn.

As played you'd probably need to define a bit better how he's bluffing, more accurately whether he tends to try and represent ugly boards or to just shutdown on them. Also, does he play draws aggressively ? Would he have raised a flushdraw on the flop ? Does he usually raise the flop when he feels like bluffing or does he wait for the turn ?

When in doubt i'd just shove it on the turn, you can't just call without being totally committed. Even if he has the flush you can still boat up, and if he's really bluffing a lot there is a chance he just has nothing or maybe something like AdQc here. Until you can better define his bluffing tendencies, stick it in and don't sweat it too much.

Hope it helps.