Stack
      MP2:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $71,81
      Hero:
      $25,15

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , Q:heart: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP2 checks, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,50, 3 folds, CO calls $1,25.

Flop: ($3,60) 4:diamond: , 2:diamond: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $3,60, Hero calls $3,60.

Turn: ($10,80) 7:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $6,00, Hero calls $6,00.

River: ($22,80) 4:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $14,25, Hero calls $14,05 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $50,90

If I call the turn I feel like I have to call a blank river. Thoughts? I definitely call the flop, but do I give up at a blank turn? I don't have any reads apart from villain's stats in this case.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without knowing anything about his donking range, he's either betting with a flushdraw or a made hand that likely crushes you, like a set trying to protect from another diamond falling. I just can't see him suddenly deciding to do that with a worse made hand than top pair. I can't see him do that with a made flush either, potting it into you instead of check/raising looks weird to make.

I think i'd base my decision on his timing on the turn mostly, i expect most people to try and think through another turn bet with a semibluff whereas it's mandatory with a set.

You're right in the sense where most people would give up a semi bluff on the turn so when he fires again he'll fire the river too, whether he's bluffing or not, which means you'll have to call down if you choose to continue on the turn. Since a 1 card flushdraw is way more likely than a set from a purely mathematical perspective, you can rationalize a calldown against a known aggressive player.

Still, you won't find many of these players and your hand isn't that strong to begin with, nothing forces you to stake another 80bb on the fact that he's semibluffing with likely another 13 outs against you. Folding when unsure is probably the best way to avoid spewing money against players you can't read.

If your hand had been a bit stronger or your stacks a little deeper you might have tried some alternate line

NL25 SH KJo two-pair monotone board

Hope it helps.