[NL20-NL50] NL25 KK overpair

• koaesica
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) Q:spade: , 2:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,50, BB raises to $4,00, Hero calls $2,50.

Turn: ($10,10) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $6,75, Hero calls $6,75.

River: ($23,60) T:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $9,75, Hero calls $9,75.

Final Pot: $43,10

The river feels like a valuebet, but I couldn't find a fold at that price. Is calling down the way to go? I did have position so I think the flop call is OK... The turn and river doesn't really change much.

Edit: Now showing the correct hand.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Without knowing much about him and being 160bb deep the pot control line is standard in position imo, 3betting the flop would probably isolate you against sets only.

On the river this does feel like a valuebet but you never know, he plays 43/6 after all, don't give him credit without having seen him do it before. He might do that with TPTK, betting smallish because he raised the flop bet the turn and you still didn't fold so he feels his hand is worth money but not that much anymore. If he plays his flushdraws that way he might think that your line looks like a flushdraw too, and try to fold out your air for cheap on the river if he doesn't have A-high himself.

Getting more than 3:1 without knowing how he treats flushdraws and TPTK you have to call and pay him off, if he flopped a set you're unlucky but he made it rather cheap on you.

Hope it helps.