[NL2-NL10] NL 4 KJs vs shorty ( second punch in the face )

• andreibalint
      Anything to be avoided here? Thanks.

Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:spade: , J:spade:
      Hero calls $0,04, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) 6:spade: , 4:heart: , J:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,12, MP3 raises to $0,24, CO folds, SB calls $0,24, BB folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Turn: ($0,92) 7:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,60, MP3 raises to $0,51 (All-In), SB calls $0,60.

River: ($2,63) 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,31, Hero calls $1,31.

Final Pot: $5,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and fours (Ks Js)
      SB shows a straight, seven high (5c 3c)
      MP3 shows two pairs, queens and fours (Qh Qd)

SB wins with a straight, seven high (5c 3c)
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      Anything to be avoided here?
      Yes, limping with KJ in UTG+1...
    • andreibalint
      Don't know why the hell i did that. The only logical explanation is that one or two guys just joined the tables and posted the blinds out of turn. I sometimes raise a little looser or limp with suited connectors or suited face cards. I still agree that limping in early position is pretty stupid. Anyway, besides this, did i played the top pair well? Thanks for your efforts.

1 week break. Mandatory!
    • maya1984
      Don't play KJ from EP in FR.
      As played: Pot flop to protect your hand. With so many opponents there are too many draws and to many cards that help those draws.
      Pot Flop (0.2$), After MP3 minraise 3bet to 1.4$. Again the reason for our raise is to protect our hand.
      As played: Bet bigger on the turn from the above reasons.
      River: This donk bet from this passive guy after he just flat called flop and turn is trouble... 4x,J6,J7 and the well disguised 35 straight beats us. All this hands can be found in his wide SB range. I also don't think this guy will call streets and decided to bet the 4 on the river with worser hands. It's sucks but I would fold.
      Avoid these spots by protecting your hand on earlier streets in the future.
      Good Luck.